PTO: [CGY] Tyson Barrie signs PTO with the Flames; A. Gallant, T. Janicke, J. Lipinski, L. McNamara, D. Silye, C. Murphy, M. Radomsky also invited to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Tyson Barrie - (free agent)
Alex Gallant - (signed with AHL Calgary)
Trevor Janicke - (signed with AHL Calgary)
Jaden Lipinski - (free agent)
Luke McNamara - (free agent)
David Silye - (signed with AHL Calgary)
Connor Murphy - (signed with AHL Calgary)
Matt Radomsky - (free agent)

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If you need a PP1 guy and can live with “below average” defense in other situations (not necessarily abysmal) in a guy who needs to be sheltered by a steadying partner, then there’s nothing really wrong with Barrie. He’s good enough offensively that he should still be able to find a spot in the league under those circumstances.

In Nashville, those circumstances simply didn’t exist.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Had really hoped to see him back in Edmonton on a PTO to find out whether Knoblauch could squeeze one more useful year out of him yet, but Calgary is a good situation for him.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I thought he sucked when he played for the Oilers and I don't expect my opinion wil change when he wears the flaming C.

Reactions: Boomstick

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I think I'd be a good spot for him in Calgary to showcase himself for a contract year. Flames also have a few shut down guys for that bottom pairing which should pair well with his style of game.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Been rumoured for awhile, he'll fill a veteran slot in pre-season.
Doubt he signs in Calgary unless there isn't any other interest.

Reactions: Boomstick

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Barrie is pretty well known as a great locker room guy. I never thought he was that bad in his own end either. Worth a shot IMO

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He is a good player to get if you need a powerplay quarterback. If you are not going to use him as a powerplay quarterback he will have almost no value as his stints in both Toronto and Nashville have proven. Let him run your powerplay and you can get really good value out of him for not a high cap hit.

Reactions: Figgy44

Ledge And Dairy

I definitely don't hate it but this would put one of Pachal or Solo on waivers. Which isn't exactly a huge loss or anything but Barrie probably won't be in Calgary more than 6 months (assuming he's moved at the deadline) whereas the other 2 could definitely get claimed and probably were options for next season. This also prevents any chance that one of Parekh, Bruz, or Poirier make the NHL

Also Barrie might hurt Andersson's trade value if he takes PP1 time

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Barrie will be a good whipping boy for Flames fans. Every team needs at least one of those when they're getting caved.

One? We have like half a dozen.

He is a good player to get if you need a powerplay quarterback. If you are not going to use him as a powerplay quarterback he will have almost no value as his stints in both Toronto and Nashville have proven. Let him run your powerplay and you can get really good value out of him for not a high cap hit.

Yep. Exactly why I think it'd be a good place to showcase himself. Flames PP% was pretty brutal last year and all slots in the second and third D pairing are fluid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad