Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] D Jarred Tinordi signs with the Flames (1 year, $800k, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Likely spends a lot of time with the Wranglers... but with Calgary's awful defence who can really know.

Reactions: Boomstick

Ledge And Dairy

Weird signing. If Barrie ends up getting a deal then both Hanley and Solovyov would be sent down. So them plus Brzustewicz, Poirier, Jurmo, Grushnikov, and Kuznetsov would have been the suspected starting 7. I guess there is a chance we don't sign Barrie and/or one of them gets claimed.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Weird signing. If Barrie ends up getting a deal then both Hanley and Solovyov would be sent down. So them plus Brzustewicz, Poirier, Jurmo, Grushnikov, and Kuznetsov would have been the suspected starting 7. I guess there is a chance we don't sign Barrie and/or one of them gets claimed.
I expect Tinordi will be wearing a Wranglers jersey quite often.

Reactions: Boomstick

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Even on a 2-way, I'm surprised this guy got a 2-way deal. I guess being a physical Defenseman keeps you hanging around. On a team of bad players, he stuck out as particularly bad. Nothing more than a press box/waiver fodder guy.

Ahh, I remember the days when he was supposed to be the Habs answer to Chara. :laugh:
If you want a real treat, you can find a bunch of 10-year old comments on twitter, reddit and HFBoards bemoaning how stupid the Habs coaching staff for not playing this guy more. I suppose it's cyclical.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Disagree

At this point he is a punching bag at the NHL level and that's it. Dude sucks.

His fighting ability is on part with his hockey ability at this point
There's so few fighters left that being a bad or mediocre one and playing in the NHL still makes you one of the scarier guys in the league. Twenty years ago Foligno would be a middleweight. Today he's a bad mofo.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I'm ok with this signing. Both the Flames and Wranglers need a bit more toughness.

Tinordi would be the 7th D at best with the Flames, a Captain perhaps with the Wranglers and available as a call-up when the injury bug hits.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
If you want a real treat, you can find a bunch of 10-year old comments on twitter, reddit and HFBoards bemoaning how stupid the Habs coaching staff for not playing this guy more. I suppose it's cyclical.

I mean, that's the case for a lot of prospects and fan bases. The belief in the magical bean is strong.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Will say he's one hell of a teammate. He's a windmill of a fighter he'll eat punches to land punches and he's not great at it but he's got a bit of an offensive brain he just lacks the physical tools to utilize it. He's slow as shit and he'll put himself out of position to finish a check. He'll ideally mostly play in the AHL he's a bad hockey player but if you're a bad hockey team occasionally he's a fun bad hockey player.

He's gonna absolutely demolish somebody every dozen games clean and then likely beat somebody up over it. I'm sure Wrangler fans will love the guy.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad