CFL 2024

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It was promised over three years ago, so I assume never. Still can’t get live stats on Score app like every single other sport has.
I recall an interview when Randy said it was fixed (that was after 2 years of crap transition). Are you suggesting he can’t be believed? He should be terminated but I think they have an operations salary management cap in the league office as well.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Elks are in the playoffs if Ford started the season at QB. Zero doubt about that. Didn’t have a great second half, but he’s a clutch player when it counts.

Seeing the floundering Lions get folded up again just makes it all the more frustrating. All they had to do was start 2-5 instead of 0-7 and they're going to the playoffs.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
It really is an unwatchable league unless you are a diehard , so hard to take seriously with the level of officiating and ‘experts’ in the command centre.

Most fans seem ready to do away with the command centre, and it would obviously save the league some money (mind you the CFL is probably paying Taco Bell wages), so just shut it down already. The incompetence is too much, because it's so unacceptable in that setting. At least if a ref blows a call in live action you can live with it and hope it evens out, we always did before. The command centre is actively sabotaging outcomes, several this year alone, and provides the league with an interface to manage games. There's no positive value to the fan here.

At this point I'd let the ref go under the hood/look at the tablet or whatever to determine if a ball crossed the plane of the endzone or achieved a first down on a 3rd down gamble, or if a ball carrier stepped out of bounds. Those are the only things black and white enough to quickly get right every time, or close to it. Everything else is just a judgement call on top of a judgement call that wastes time.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Most fans seem ready to do away with the command centre, and it would obviously save the league some money (mind you the CFL is probably paying Taco Bell wages), so just shut it down already. The incompetence is too much, because it's so unacceptable in that setting. At least if a ref blows a call in live action you can live with it and hope it evens out, we always did before. The command centre is actively sabotaging outcomes, several this year alone, and provides the league with an interface to manage games. There's no positive value to the fan here.

At this point I'd let the ref go under the hood/look at the tablet or whatever to determine if a ball crossed the plane of the endzone or achieved a first down on a 3rd down gamble, or if a ball carrier stepped out of bounds. Those are the only things black and white enough to quickly get right every time, or close to it. Everything else is just a judgement call on top of a judgement call that wastes time.

Yeah, they need to strip it down to barebones reviews. They had this grandiose dream of the Command Center being able to solve world hunger and it's way too ambitious. Leave in the challenge system, but leave it up to the coaches.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Yeah, they need to strip it down to barebones reviews. They had this grandiose dream of the Command Center being able to solve world hunger and it's way too ambitious. Leave in the challenge system, but leave it up to the coaches.

And the command centre has never been good either. This year is all-time bad, but they've merely deviated from their "normal bad" standard. Pretty sure you could dig up old posts of mine from ten years ago saying to just scrap them.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
And the command centre has never been good either. This year is all-time bad, but they've merely deviated from their "normal bad" standard. Pretty sure you could dig up old posts of mine from ten years ago saying to just scrap them.

I compare them to the NHL goaltender interference challenges. You're just flipping a coin on the outcome. There never seems to be a standard set that they follow.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
There was one pretty funny moment at the Rider game today. There is a segment they do on the big screen where a player sits down with a young kid and they ask questions. They had Dan Clark being the former Rider, and the kid asks him who his favourite player is, and he answers, and then he asks the kid in turn who his favourite is, and we quickly get a "McDavid".

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Elks are in the playoffs if Ford started the season at QB. Zero doubt about that. Didn’t have a great second half, but he’s a clutch player when it counts.
I like Ford but I havent seen him be nearly as good against the Leagues better teams.
Is that a fair criticism?

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I like Ford but I havent seen him be nearly as good against the Leagues better teams.
Is that a fair criticism?
That's fair, but he also hasn't got much of an opportunity, only starting 14 games the past two years. going 7-7. Couple of wins against playoff teams in there. The frustrating part is the coaches believe that the two QB's who have given the team the best chance to win the past two years have gone 3-18, with zero wins against playoff teams. Pretty much impossible that Ford wouldn't have helped the team to at least 2 wins in the first 7 games this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad