CFL 2024

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I don't know that I'd give him credit either, but I understand how things played out.

Not exactly opposed to a new coach giving MBT the two starts he got.

I don't think MBT was as horrible as people are making him out to be. He essentially had us in every game up until the Hamilton one.

The only one I really blame for the whole MBT/Ford situation is Jones. He brought MBT and forced some hands here.

I guess thankfully Jones didn't trade Ford like another GM did with Ray back in the day
First start maybe, but should’ve been yanked to start the second half of the Hamilton game for sure.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s crazy to me at this point that there isn’t more rumor about who the ownership candidates actually are from legitimate sources. Might indicate to me that the new owner isn’t local. There aren’t many people in Edmonton to take on this level of financial risk, and those that can are heavily connected and like to talk.

There’s been a bunch of hearsay about Gregg, but that’s it. I don’t believe that anyone legitimate has reported that either.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It’s crazy to me at this point that there isn’t more rumor about who the ownership candidates actually are from legitimate sources. Might indicate to me that the new owner isn’t local. There aren’t many people in Edmonton to take on this level of financial risk, and those that can are heavily connected and like to talk.

There’s been a bunch of hearsay about Gregg, but that’s it. I don’t believe that anyone legitimate has reported that either.

Lots of rumors about the SG guy. Will see if they come true. Hoping for local ownership, an owner with no connection to the city or the league would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: K1984

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019

The radio hit I heard from naylor sometime ago was that all the groups had a heavy local presence. So o think we can put that to bed. Edmonton is a funny city, there is money here but we don’t brag about it or flaunt it like Calgarians do so I’m not surprised this is still kept quiet. I don’t know if that will last, but not surprised they’ve done it so far.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Elsewhere in the NHL, we have the Senators tied with the Riders 3-3 after the 2nd period.

• Haha
Reactions: bellagiobob

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Command centre f***ed Ottawa out of a win there if you ask me.

On the PI call? Both arms made contact early, it was the right call. I kind of agree with Davis Sanchez though, if you need slow motion to determine PI, you could probably just let it. I hated the RTP call in OT though. If your O-lineman chop blocks a defender into the QB, that's not RTP. I said it before but the Command Center needs to get out of it's own way, leave it at the challenges.

Last edited:

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
On the PI call? Both arms made contact early, it was the right call. I kind of agree with Davis Sanchez though, if you need slow motion to determine PI, you could probably just let it. I hated the RTP call in OT though. If your O-lineman chop blocks a defender into the QB, that's not RTP. I said it before but the Command Center needs to get out of it's own way, leave it at the challenges.
The defender can't hit a QB below the knees when he is in the pocket.

Command centre f***ed Ottawa out of a win there if you ask me.
Ottawa blew that 3-0 lead by snapping the ball with 14 seconds left on the 20 second clock. Cost them the win.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

He was early by the slimmest margin, but I was sure they'd let it stand. That play happens a dozen times per game. I guess it's fitting things just ended tied after the rest of the subsequent bizarreness, the game was officially over three times it seemed.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I do believe the wifey and myself will be getting tickets to the game on Sunday. Not to see the Elks so much, as to see what Ford can do. Looks like we'll be squished into the lower bowl with the other 3000 souls.;)

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

Unfortunately it happens all too often. We all know that the refs suck, but as fans you should have hope that the command centre is competent. That is not the case with the CFL.

They just need to reign them in. The Command Center can still be an asset, but not if they are basically officiating the game from the booth. I don't think the CFL refs on the field are that bad relative to other leagues. In every league you see complaints about the level of officiating. I think personally that basketball is the worst of the bunch, but it's easy to highlight awful officiating in every major sport.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Have you ever watched Adam Richman in Man vs Food? He's a machine.

View attachment 899271
Saw Adam Richman on an episode of The Food that Built America, the guy has lost a lot of weight. Not sure how recent the episode was but in that show he was trim, trim, trim.

1723305613822.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad