CFL 2024

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Credit to Ford of course but also:

-Poor Riders have to wait for the return of Trevor Harris. That's like going to a dating service and finding out that Roseanne Barr will be back in 3 weeks to go on a date with you.

1722738965229.gif

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Well congrats to the Elks on their first win. I had a sinking feeling it was going to be tonight. This feels like a weird year, lots of parity and no real juggernaut team (I can't in good faith call a Maas coached team a juggernaut).

Also I just want to reiterate how much I hate the command center arbitrarily jumping in and making a review when there's no challenge. Unless they explained it better on the broadcast (I was at the game) I hate when they do that. Make the challenge flag matter.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Well congrats to the Elks on their first win. I had a sinking feeling it was going to be tonight. This feels like a weird year, lots of parity and no real juggernaut team (I can't in good faith call a Maas coached team a juggernaut).

Also I just want to reiterate how much I hate the command center arbitrarily jumping in and making a review when there's no challenge. Unless they explained it better on the broadcast (I was at the game) I hate when they do that. Make the challenge flag matter.
How do you feel about your defense?

Reactions: bellagiobob

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
This win feels great but to put it into perspective this could have been the outcome in at least 5 EE games so far this year. The Eskies are not really a 1-7 team. They have been a bad team but not that much worse than other clubs around the league.

The difference tonight was that when they absolutely needed to keep a drive alive in the dying minutes they did so. Not to mention that if the Riders had scored on that very close corner route then it would have been 28-28 and that might have killed the Esks. They are still mentally fragile.

Anyway, I'll take it and you can bet that the boys will be fired up at home against the Lions. Also expect an additional 5K fans in the stands because now there is some degree of hope around town.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Mixed emotions after this one. Obviously thrilled for Ford, playing like 95% of us knew he would, and giving a giant middle finger to the BOD, Jones, etc. But also furious over the position we are in because Jones couldn't stand Ford, seemed pissed off when he had success last year, and ruined our chances this year by signing the most immobile human being in the world at QB, and (laughingly) to mentor Ford and be a team leader. We would be right in the thick of the playoff race if Ford had started the season at QB like he should have. Interesting that for the second year in a row, that our running backs gain huge yards once Ford starts at QB. Its' not a coincidence. Anyhow, onwards and upwards, hopefully they can make the rest of the season interesting.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Mixed emotions after this one. Obviously thrilled for Ford, playing like 95% of us knew he would, and giving a giant middle finger to the BOD, Jones, etc. But also furious over the position we are in because Jones couldn't stand Ford, seemed pissed off when he had success last year, and ruined our chances this year by signing the most immobile human being in the world at QB, and (laughingly) to mentor Ford and be a team leader. We would be right in the thick of the playoff race if Ford had started the season at QB like he should have. Interesting that for the second year in a row, that our running backs gain huge yards once Ford starts at QB. Its' not a coincidence. Anyhow, onwards and upwards, hopefully they can make the rest of the season interesting.
If Ford stays healthy then the EE will at least be the spoilers.

Meantime, please let the sale go through and then approach Ford about an extension. I think its jumping the gun to say that he won't want to stay. Nothing makes people giddier than winning.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Meantime, please let the sale go through and then approach Ford about an extension. I think its jumping the gun to say that he won't want to stay. Nothing makes people giddier than winning.
As long as they clean house of his detractors, we potentially have a chance to resign him. I sure hope the BOD doesn't screw up this sale, I have this awful feeling that this isn't going to end well.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

Look at the West right now, they are easily in the mix for the 3rd spot, and I don't think there's going to be a cross over since Hamilton isn't very good. Winnipeg's core is aging and showing cracks, I think they'll be lucky to get 8 wins on the year. Calgary doesn't have a QB, Maier isn't it, and I think it's the end of the line for Dickenson. BC and Sask are in the drivers seat but both teams are banged up pretty good. Unless Rourke comes back and signs with someone, a 6 or 7 win team might end up 3rd in the West.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Tre plays and they win. Defence overall plays fairly well. As has been mentioned this team would probably be in a playoff spot right now if Jones didn't hate his Canadian QB.

I record the game, when I go back to watch it the recording freezes right after the play where MBT goes in for one play because Ford got hit in the nuts. Even the PVR doesn't want MBT in the game.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
That cant possibly be healthy. :laugh:

I mean how does that dude feel for the next few hours (or even days) after washing down almost 350 donuts in mere minutes without even chewing? :help:
I have no idea how Joey does it, going from town to town like a circus act, eating copious amounts of whatever food they put in front of him. What a way to make a living.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
As long as they clean house of his detractors, we potentially have a chance to resign him. I sure hope the BOD doesn't screw up this sale, I have this awful feeling that this isn't going to end well.
A couple more W's and I'll upgrade my own awful feeling back to cautiously hopeful.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
It’s not hard to imagine the elks would have another win or two if Ford had a few reps behind Center at some other point this season. He’s not perfect but ine thing he can do is extend drives with his legs, which keeps the defence off the field and can make a difference also on field goals by making them closer. Just so stubborn by the coaches.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium