OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

Jul 6, 2016
It would had been so much fun to see Messi in MTL once again this season. Sad ending for MTL after having been in an upswing over the last month and a half.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
TBH, if I'm Saliba's agent, I'm telling him to be patient. He's on the rise right now and he's in a good spot in Montreal all told. A year or two more like this and he might have a legit chance at a transfer to one of the bigger leagues or one of the more high profile teams. Unless Joey wants him in Bologna ASAP, then we don't have much of a say.
Or he could go the Koné route and sign with a championship team, have a good year and move to a prestige club.

Was Koné really more advanced when he moved? Perhaps a little. If Saliba has dreams of Europe, he should be listening now. I am not saying he should necessarily go, one more year could make his stock rise, but if the right offer comes, he should listen. And by right offer, I mean a serious club, in a good league, who can give him plenty of minutes.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Or he could go the Koné route and sign with a championship team, have a good year and move to a prestige club.

Was Koné really more advanced when he moved? Perhaps a little. If Saliba has dreams of Europe, he should be listening now. I am not saying he should necessarily go, one more year could make his stock rise, but if the right offer comes, he should listen. And by right offer, I mean a serious club, in a good league, who can give him plenty of minutes.

I'd say Koné had a nicer profile and higher upside than Saliba has. Koné's progress was phenomenal. Saliba is a bit slower and his upside isn't as great.

Him waiting here is only valuable to the team. They don't have to find a replacement and they could sell him at a higher price the year after. We have also very little depth at CM right now

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Saliba has the hair, but he needs the stats. Without the stats and pedigree, he will only be a benchwarmer in europe.

He needs to have a big year next year, 5 goals 8 assists type of year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Would a fall to spring season even physically work in a lot of the more northern markets ?

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad