OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't think Siriois has ever trained PKs in his life.
A5pZ7P2.png

• Haha
Reactions: TRG

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
What a bleeping night! And i wouldn't blame you guys if you accuse me of jinxing the Mtl teams.

I started watching the Habs. At 3-0. I Switched on my 2nd monitor and watched the soccer match with the hockey game in the BG. At 4-0 I turned it off and concentrated on CF MTL. They fall to 2-0. I shut the game and go to youtube.

A few minutes later I check the hockey score. It's 4-2. Hey, I foolishly tell myself, they're making a game of it. The minute I turned it back on The Rags score. Screw it. I'm the jinx. Do some work on my computer.

Some time later I check the soccer score. It's 2-2 and it's shoot out. Do I learn my lesson? Nope I turn the game back on. Mtl loses in penalty kicks.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Problem with listening to a lot of the analysis is that all the talk will be about the ending rather than the middle. They played well the first maybe 20 minutes or so, then shat the bed until they got a break with Guzman;s mistake and the rest happened. Fir sure they showed some fight at the end but once again, Pearce came on and completely changed the game because of his delivery. Neither Edwards nor JMR can cross the ball in. That's kind of a problem when you're playing the role they are right now.

Also, I just don't see what other people see with Alvarez. He lost his man on the first goal, stopped running and lost his man on a play a few minutes later that almost led to a goal, then got mixed up with Edwards on the second goal. Is is inexperience? The wrong position? I dunno.

Sirois, yeah he did not look good.

Iankov, Martinez, Coccaro, Wanyama, maybe Saliba?
Here's my list.

Martinez, Coccaro, Wanyama, Lassi for sure that's 4.
Iankov - Dunno. He hasn't been part of the team or gotten in to games. Maybe it's an adjustment period and he'll be better next year. Part of it is that he didn't have the speed to keep up but you could see the skills were there.
Saliba - Dunno. I think they'd be stupid to sell him now because as much as he made positive progression, there are still major aspects of his game that needs improvement that I'm guessing other teams see and will therefore not make a significant money offer. Better off waiting at least another year for him to get better. He's also only 20 so there's no need to rush a sale.
1 o r 2 or more CB's - I just can't see us coming back with the exact same 5. They were a disaster defensively though in part I feel it's because of the system but even then, needs major improvement.
Zouhir - He's here just because based on all reports when he was loaned out, people we're saying the team was done with him. Has that changed? Dunno.
Ibrahim - We know that he can't be happy in the role he has. I also don't think he's in there plans moving forward as anything more than a sub or spot starter. He tried to get out once before, he'll probably try again.
Opoku - Don't think he's in there plans as he hasn't lived up to expectations though he's obviously had injury trouble.
JAV - Let's be honest, he's had injury issues, conditioning issues, and from what we've read, off field issues related to commitment and conditioning issues. They may want to walk away from him or JAV might want out too. Hard to say.
Breza - Maybe he wants to be a starter somewhere else

These are all the guys I can see leaving. Does it mean that all will leave? No, because at the same time, they still need a roster next year and it'll be tough to replace all of them over one winter off season especially since all of the other leagues are in the middle of their season and teams are hesitant to let players walk mid season.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
TBH, if I'm Saliba's agent, I'm telling him to be patient. He's on the rise right now and he's in a good spot in Montreal all told. A year or two more like this and he might have a legit chance at a transfer to one of the bigger leagues or one of the more high profile teams. Unless Joey wants him in Bologna ASAP, then we don't have much of a say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad