Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
wtf9.gif

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
So basically it's being confirmed that both Martinez and Coccaro will be gone by next year, which is not surprising in the least. Martinez wanted this year to up his value so he could prove that he still has what it takes, and he did. The question will then become whether the team triggers his option and trades him to get value or if they do right by the player and just let him become a free agent.

Also, Coccaro apparently got into a fight with someone on the team last week which explains why he wasn't on the game roster last game and assuming he won't be there tonight as well.

Either way, another year of revamping our strikers.

The list of departures I think will reach double digits for sure.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
So basically it's being confirmed that both Martinez and Coccaro will be gone by next year, which is not surprising in the least. Martinez wanted this year to up his value so he could prove that he still has what it takes, and he did. The question will then become whether the team triggers his option and trades him to get value or if they do right by the player and just let him become a free agent.

Also, Coccaro apparently got into a fight with someone on the team last week which explains why he wasn't on the game roster last game and assuming he won't be there tonight as well.

Coccaro never really found his place in our system and has mostly been a malcontent all season, so I have no problems moving on from him. Vilsaint and Sinusi are better anyway. Martinez I would at least try to talk to, but if he definitely wants out, then we might as well let him. I see no use in getting into a public beef with him like we did with Kei Kamara. One MLS legend hating us is more than enough.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Iankov, Martinez, Coccaro, Wanyama, maybe Saliba?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Coccaro never really found his place in our system and has mostly been a malcontent all season, so I have no problems moving on from him. Vilsaint and Sinusi are better anyway. Martinez I would at least try to talk to, but if he definitely wants out, then we might as well let him. I see no use in getting into a public beef with him like we did with Kei Kamara. One MLS legend hating us is more than enough.
Kei Kamara has had issues with almost all the teams he played for. MTL isn't special in this case.

IMFC should activate and try to maximize assets for Martinez. They've been using Garber Bux a lot so they should look to maximize those.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kei Kamara has had issues with almost all the teams he played for. MTL isn't special in this case.

IMFC should activate and try to maximize assets for Martinez. They've been using Garber Bux a lot so they should look to maximize those.
Martinez should have decent value now, whatever we end doing with him. He really got his career back on track.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Sunusi wants out too. He was trying to get transfered this summer and did some stuff that probably made Courtois bench him for a while.

He was Renard's reclamation project. But I don't think he stays because he will never be a starting XI #9 in MLS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad