OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
You mean watching the game and not understanding shit? yeah, that's pretty cool.

I'd rather watch games in arabic from Algerian announcers and not understand jack shit than watch the snooze fest from english MLS announcers. They probably get them from the PGA or something.

giphy.gif

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Sirois was so happy after the second goal I think. I know he hasn't had the same season as last year but it's always easier for a GK to have a bit of leeway. He hasn't had that all year.

Reactions: ArtPeur

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The fans deserve much better.
No. I don't think we do. Certainly not right now. The games are still selling out due to Messi. The supporters groups, at least most of them, will still be there next year. There's likely to be not a lot of fallout for season ticket holders due to the Messi B.S. again.

I think the majority of casual fans/families just view it as a cheap night out during the summer to bring the kids (for the families)..

And people are still bitching about the name so they're not focusing on the real problem; Saputo.

He's untouchable in this city. Very few people will go after him. Yes. He bought the team and because of that, we actually still have the team in MLS. But since then? What exactly has he done?

Has the team been a success on the field? Nope.
Has the team been a success on developing soccer players in Quebec? Not really.
Has the team been a success in the Montreal market? God no.
Has the team been a success in the community? Nope
Has the team been a success in the business community? God no before this year.
Has the team been a success on the balance sheet? Not even close.
Has the team been a success at their stated goals/missions? Nope
Has the team been a success with maintaining relationships with staff and players? Nope
Has the team been a success with maintaining relationships with fans? Nope

The Saputo family has not been anywhere close to the positive impact it could have been in this city and sport because of how they've treated it.

The Saputo families influence on the team has never been positive. I'm not talking about the past few years. I'm talking about ever.

They never have, nor will they ever, run this team how it should be both on and off the field.

I remember after the Renard fiasco some in the media were actually predicting that they'd have no choice but to go out and sign a big name to take some of the heat off.

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE. OR. KNOW. WHAT. THEY'RE. DOING.

But hey, let's all focus on the Impact name.

Just to add. I love this team. I used to be brought to watch a few games at Centre Claude Robillard pre-MLS. I WANT this team to succeed. But NOTHING in the history of the team and owners suggest that that will ever happen.

• Love
Reactions: TRG

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
No. I don't think we do. Certainly not right now. The games are still selling out due to Messi. The supporters groups, at least most of them, will still be there next year. There's likely to be not a lot of fallout for season ticket holders due to the Messi B.S. again.

I think the majority of casual fans/families just view it as a cheap night out during the summer to bring the kids (for the families)..

And people are still bitching about the name so they're not focusing on the real problem; Saputo.

He's untouchable in this city. Very few people will go after him. Yes. He bought the team and because of that, we actually still have the team in MLS. But since then? What exactly has he done?

Has the team been a success on the field? Nope.
Has the team been a success on developing soccer players in Quebec? Not really.
Has the team been a success in the Montreal market? God no.
Has the team been a success in the community? Nope
Has the team been a success in the business community? God no before this year.
Has the team been a success on the balance sheet? Not even close.
Has the team been a success at their stated goals/missions? Nope
Has the team been a success with maintaining relationships with staff and players? Nope
Has the team been a success with maintaining relationships with fans? Nope

The Saputo family has not been anywhere close to the positive impact it could have been in this city and sport because of how they've treated it.

The Saputo families influence on the team has never been positive. I'm not talking about the past few years. I'm talking about ever.

They never have, nor will they ever, run this team how it should be both on and off the field.

I remember after the Renard fiasco some in the media were actually predicting that they'd have no choice but to go out and sign a big name to take some of the heat off.

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE. OR. KNOW. WHAT. THEY'RE. DOING.

But hey, let's all focus on the Impact name.

Just to add. I love this team. I used to be brought to watch a few games at Centre Claude Robillard pre-MLS. I WANT this team to succeed. But NOTHING in the history of the team and owners suggest that that will ever happen.

The statement for Collectif did not focus only on the name.

Otherwise, agree 💯.

Did you hang out with @TRG :laugh:

Your pictures are so close
I guess we were breathing the same smoke haha

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
How many media articles since the win? Is this team even covered nowadays, except for match days and drama?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad