Confirmed with Link: Centennial Authority votes to rename PNC Arena to the Lenovo Center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Better than the Sidney Lowe era of NCSU:

"Well, boys. 2 down and 40 behind. No one knows what'll happen at 60."
"We don't play quarters in college, coach. So where the **** did you go for 2 minutes halfway through the first half!?"

Yeah, I had them build me a custom job for a machine learning project back in late 2019, and it's still running well for me. IT keeps harassing me that the machine is no longer under warranty and I should replace it, but it's still more powerful than the standard "high perfromance" laptop I could get in their Lenovo contract. So I'll run this into the ground.
something about the phrase "back in late 2019" just feels wrong

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
This year? Are we sure?
b791b8a4-658d-4d15-a7ba-c34dfbadfaec_text.gif

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
“ arena parking to take up about 20 acres on the northeast side of the arena. It calls for the parking garage to be a maximum height of 40 stories.”

Talk about putting 10 lbs into a 2 lb bag.

All that concentrated building around the “center” and a 40 story parking deck.

lol, they better hope Musk has developed a flying car by then because that is going to be a nightmare getting in and out of that area/an event.

Reactions: The Jerk Store

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
“ arena parking to take up about 20 acres on the northeast side of the arena. It calls for the parking garage to be a maximum height of 40 stories.”

lol, they better hope Musk has developed a flying car by then because that is going to be a nightmare getting in and out of that area/an event.
40 Stories of a parking garage?!? f***. That.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North

It actually says in the awkwardly-phrased article that the structure wouldn't be all parking. Another detail that is commonly overlooked by the authors of these articles is that the zoning has been increased UP TO 40 stories. That means it could very well be one story above the current limit, which may be 12 or 20 stories.

Edit: I don't think even NYC has a forty-story parking structure.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I am going to assume thats a mistype and its only a 4 story parking deck.

The current tallest building in Raleigh is 32 stories. I highly doubt we'll be building a parking deck that itself is taller at the arena.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

The current tallest building in Raleigh is 32 stories. I highly doubt we'll be building a parking deck that itself is taller at the arena.
I don’t know. Various articles all stating 40 stories is the goal. However, I agree that a 40 story parking deck seems well out of the norm but regardless, cramming all that density into the area is going to make parking a nightmare no matter how high the deck is.

IMO, that type of project density should not be approved given the transportation madness it will cause.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
It's

It's just a spiral with parking on the outside of it...takes the poor dude at the top 3-4 business days to get out of that nightmare.

• Haha

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I don’t know. Various articles all stating 40 stories is the goal. However, I agree that a 40 story parking deck seems well out of the norm but regardless, cramming all that density into the area is going to make parking a nightmare no matter how high the deck is.

IMO, that type of project density should not be approved given the transportation madness it will cause.
Reading those tweets that @hblueridgegal posted, they're just getting clearance to raise the ceiling for any building constructed in this area to be up to 40 stories. Same exact thing they did when they got going with North Hills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad