Confirmed with Link: Celebrate!! Celebrini signed ELC 3 years x $975k ($4.475m AAV with bonuses)

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
No. This all started because there was a rumor the Celebrinis had a poor experience with the Junior Sharks when Macklin was playing there. And because of those supposed issues, Rick didn't want Macklin to sign with the Sharks.
All jokes aside, and I'll absolutely cherish however long he's a Shark, but I do think he ends up going to Vancouver by the time he's 30 and this is just another minor reason why lol.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
All jokes aside, and I'll absolutely cherish however long he's a Shark, but I do think he ends up going to Vancouver by the time he's 30 and this is just another minor reason why lol.
I find this whole “he’s going to Vancouver” thing strange tbh and thought it was only Canuck fans spewing this rhetoric. Other than Tavares, most of these guys have moved on from playing with their hometown teams by the time they hit 30. He will have been with the Sharks for 12 years by then and hopefully competing and winning slot for at least half of that time.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
How many players actually end up going to their hometown teams after fans talk about how much it's fate and whatever? Besides Tavares?

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
By the time he hits 30, he'll have full realization that it's a business and that there are plenty of considerations besides playing for the team you rooted for as a kid. Plus, presumably he'll have built a lot of equity here that will hopefully be good equity if the team succeeds.

But now that I don't have to read people talking about how he won't play for San Jose because of the junior Sharks and how he's going back to Boston College anymore, I suppose this is the only dumb narrative left for the next many years.

Heard all the same stuff about Steph Curry and Charlotte for years. He's running out of time to live that imagined fantasy.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I don’t understand the hatred towards fanatics jerseys. Would someone please explain this to me?

Notoriously bad quality in everything they produce. Material wise and they fumble random details on jerseys. Paying $175 for a jersey made with the worst materials and underpaid labor is brutal. The NHL has been running lots of PR stuff to say it's being manufactured in Quebec, but that could just be the authentic ones for all we know. Anyways soft chance they're fine and we will find out soon haha thanks to people buying em first

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
1000009285.jpg

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
I was watching that pre-draft video about the Celebrini family and they were super tiptoe-ing around the poor experience like they didn't want to talk all the shit they wanted to lol
I heard it from his cousin's brother's uncle coworker that they didn't like the fact the goaltending was lousy, the defense really poor, and there was a distinct lack of quality RHD. Also, some parent kept on bringing green oranges that were not sweet during intermission.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
How many players actually end up going to their hometown teams after fans talk about how much it's fate and whatever? Besides Tavares?
Apparently if you ask the message boards Tavares because he wore maple leaf PJs as a kid is the gold standard of players going to their child hood franchise not money

As much as San Jose has struggled to attract premier free agents we have done really well with home grown talent when it comes to retention
Well California taxes are a huge deterrent then of course SJ area is not exactly cheap

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Apparently if you ask the message boards Tavares because he wore maple leaf PJs as a kid is the gold standard of players going to their child hood franchise not money

Well California taxes are a huge deterrent then of course SJ area is not exactly cheap

If there was one NHL market that doesn’t compare favorably to San Jose for cost of living and taxes it’s Vancouver. So I guess we got that going for us 🤷‍♂️ From what I hear from friends in the area Vancouver real estate is even more bananas than the Bay Area.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
If there was one NHL market that doesn’t compare favorably to San Jose for cost of living and taxes it’s Vancouver. So I guess we got that going for us 🤷‍♂️ From what I hear from friends in the area Vancouver real estate is even more bananas than the Bay Area.
Well Vancouver is a beautiful city on the ocean that’s clean vs California where poo and needles in the Bay Area is kind of a common thing. PS I’ve been to both before people go ballistic

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Only visited Vancouver once and loved it. Would love to plan a vacation and get tickets to see a Sharks game there.

Reactions: weastern bias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad