Signing(s): CeeDee Lamb extends with Cowboys (4 yrs, $136M - $38M SB)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don’t remember who said it but how Dallas handles business is weird

They keep refusing to pay their top players untill the last minute to always end up giving in

This could have been done way earlier

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

They keep refusing to pay their top dollars untill the last minute to always end up giving in

Seriously, like why piss guys off when you are just going to give them what they want?

Reactions: BB88

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Seriously, like why piss guys off when you are just going to give them what they want?

Yep

Especially when you again call this a ”all in” season you refuse to pay your top players and not have them in game shape once the season starts

Just pointless

They got nothing positive out of this

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

They keep refusing to pay their top dollars untill the last minute to always end up giving in

Going to be the same show with Micah!

Reactions: BB88

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
No way they have anything left over for Dak or Micah

One of those is gonna have to walk :laugh:

How Jerry runs things. By the way given the Cowboys very dormant offseason this was their biggest move :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Right when training camp ends. Definitely a coincidence.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not a chance - but the roster will have to be filled with a lot of players on cheap contracts. They will probably end up as the NFL's version of the Maple Leafs in that a few guys on the roster will eat up most of the salary cap. :nod:
Dak contract is a real issue. I believe it's like $40 mill in cap charges that are still pending for the Cowboys to take on Dak's contract after this season. So, they will absolutely need some cheaper deals on their starters to catch up on that cap charge plus pay the going rate for a legit starter.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Dak contract is a real issue. I believe it's like $40 mill in cap charges that are still pending for the Cowboys to take on Dak's contract after this season. So, they will absolutely need some cheaper deals on their starters to catch up on that cap charge plus pay the going rate for a legit starter.
And this is another reason why Dallas needs to hit on most of their draft picks every season.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And this is another reason why Dallas needs to hit on most of their draft picks every season.
Plus stay healthy. They lost Sam Williams and Bland to injuries who are both on rookie deals. They pushed a lot of Dak's current contract cap hit to later and now we are at later. That's why he's a $59 mill cap charge this season with $40 mill in dead money after the season. His base salary for 2024 is $34 mill. So, they have like $65 mill of SB and restructures on the books from prior years left to take as of now.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Dak is going to get 60 per

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't expect him to play for free but if he wants $60 million a season then I hope he gets it from another team. :nod:

You know this offseasons market has driven us to that point, he’ll get 60

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I love how the owner makes this extension all about him.

nobody can do his job?????

umm everyone told you to sign this contract last off-season, or at the start of this off-season.
Dallas will never win as long as jones is still alive and GM

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
The NFL cap isn’t like the NHL.

Dak will sign and become the highest paid QB in the league, just like the last big-named QB who signed. Within a year, Dak will be the 5th highest paid QB in the league. Within a couple, not even top 10.

And the cap will rise, the cap hit will be manipulated and pushed towards the infinite void, and the Cowboys will continue to not spend money they could have because that’s just what they do.

They already saved money by signing Lamb, and will save even more by signing Dak. And the cap will rollover to next season and they’ll sign Micah a week before the regular season starts.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The NFL cap isn’t like the NHL.

Dak will sign and become the highest paid QB in the league, just like the last big-named QB who signed. Within a year, Dak will be the 5th highest paid QB in the league. Within a couple, not even top 10.

And the cap will rise, the cap hit will be manipulated and pushed towards the infinite void, and the Cowboys will continue to not spend money they could have because that’s just what they do.

They already saved money by signing Lamb, and will save even more by signing Dak. And the cap will rollover to next season and they’ll sign Micah a week before the regular season starts.
Like all teams they likely keep kicking things down the line. The old borrow from Peter to pay Paul saying applies in the NFL. Every dollar a team pays a player will ultimately hit the team's salary cap. Just a question of when it does. Dallas, if the decision is to move off Dak, will figure out how to push some cap hit due ito other players n 2025 into future years to absorb the dead cap charge from Dak. Or if they wish to keep Dak, they will figure out how to work in his $40 mill of unallocated cap charges remaining when they structure the new contract.

Reactions: JimmyApples

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Like all teams they likely keep kicking things down the line. The old borrow from Peter to pay Paul saying applies in the NFL. Every dollar a team pays a player will ultimately hit the team's salary cap. Just a question of when it does. Dallas, if the decision is to move off Dak, will figure out how to push some cap hit due ito other players n 2025 into future years to absorb the dead cap charge from Dak. Or if they wish to keep Dak, they will figure out how to work in his $40 mill of unallocated cap charges remaining when they structure the new contract.
Yup. Feels kinda weird to even have a cap when you can do this, but whatever lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad