GDT: CDSF Game 2 Blues vs. Wild 4-18-15 2 PM CT NBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Jake had my stomach in knots, but my god did he make some massive saves today. I really want to see him calm his game down. I think it would make him that much more difficult to beat.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
There we go! Big win. Tarasenko 8 points in 9 playoff games... Beast.

Just need to win at least 1 of the next 2 in Minny!

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
gonna need performances like that from frank if oshie and backes keep up their subpar play.

well deserved hat trick and win though, clearly the better team until they started turtling

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
we won but let's not forget that not a single one of expected them to as recently as 5 minutes left in the game. They absolutely need to solve whatever problem exists in the late stages of the game with a lead

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
With the young talent the Blues have coming up Oshie and Backes may end up on the third line next year.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Loved the first and thought fondly of the 2nd. 3rd was just wading out the storm and I fully expected that.

Gotta say, I really love Ott.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Loved the first and thought fondly of the 2nd. 3rd was just wading out the storm and I fully expected that.

Gotta say, I really love Ott.

If Ott keeps playing the way he did today he's gonna get this team in some trouble. Refs were VERY lenient tonight on both the Blues and the Wild; ott needs to stay a bit more in check IMO.

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
They don't have that killer instinct that other teams do. Havent the last few seasons but may be worse this yr because at least the past few, we came to play early in the series.

Edit: Huge goal by Begie. but still, wth Dubnyk not playing great, this could hve been 5or6-0 STL if they played like an elite playoff team.

this was very even game, and ultimately turned to STL win because Allen was sharp and had a lot of luck with bounces and Dubnyk not having his best day

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Allen was excellent again. I think that The Blues have not only found THIS playoffs' goalie, but their #1 starter for next season, as well. He has played great under all the pressure(despite that one bad choice on last game's first goal). If so, that solves a big problem for The Blues.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Tarasenko hat trick, and game winner! 3rd of the season, first career playoff trick! Now NO letdown on Monday in Minny!

Oh and ****ing Oshie, what the **** is that guys problem? He doesn't do anything in the PO's, except give up nerve-racking turnovers, and when he gets the puck with a little bit of open space he goes into slow motion. That guy is really pissing me off, put forth a little effort and I don't know act like you care a tad bit. Jesus Christ!

Everybodies favorite whipping boy Bergy comes up huge, to put the game out of reach!

Beauty save by Jake there at the end, that lead up to the EN for Frank!

Blues Win!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If Ott keeps playing the way he did today he's gonna get this team in some trouble. Refs were VERY lenient tonight on both the Blues and the Wild; ott needs to stay a bit more in check IMO.
I didn't see Ott do anything over the line. Didn't even come close to taking a penalty really. He's just yapping at guys and being physical. He's doing a good job.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
win the special team battles and get good goaltending and you have a good chance of winning. not a shock to see which side has won the first 2 games.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
With the young talent the Blues have coming up Oshie and Backes may end up on the third line next year.

They'll both be traded for futures/replacement players after this season. We already have a solid, skilled core of younger guys. Might as well start acquiring more future draft stock when we are already so deep. We can acquire a decent 2nd or 3rd line center to replace Backes while bringing up Fabbri.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I am just going say the difference in the game was the goaltenders. Allen was superb and Dubnyk wasn't. Yes Vladi had the hatrick but Jake kept us in it so many times with all the weird bounces and stuff around the net. He has been great so far this series, I don't hold the goal against him today.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
And caviar and Vodka!

giphy.gif

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
They'll both be traded for futures/replacement players after this season. We already have a solid, skilled core of younger guys. Might as well start acquiring more future draft stock when we are already so deep. We can acquire a decent 2nd or 3rd line center to replace Backes while bringing up Fabbri.

The Blues have no one currently to replace Backes in Chicago. And he hasn't been a problem in the POs.

Oshie can go.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So 5 goals on 47 shots against Dubnyk. HE'S NOT ELITE....lol

Allen has let in 3 on 55 shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad