CCM and Bauer Each Likely to be Sold Soon

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I didn't see this posted elsewhere, and it seems to have not made huge waves in the news.

The article linked is in French, but can be translated to English, and appears this is very new and in the process. But essentially both companies are owned by firms that are looking to move on from the respective companies.

Being owned by private equity firms does take away some of that small company love that used to exist, but it's been like that for a while and it's how most companies are unfortunately.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. If there are any issues along the way, it would be an opportunity for True and Warrior to take over more of the market, and maybe enter new hockey equipment ventures since CCM and Bauer make up so many of the skates. Goalies still have options like Brian's and Vaughn if something major were to change, but this will be an interesting story to follow for fans of the game, and for those of us who play and buy their equipment.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Idk I highly doubt anything changes at all. Those companies will continue to flourish and be gold mines.

I remember people freaking out when the current equity firm bought CCM from Adidas and CCM really rebounded in the industry in following years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad