Confirmed with Link: CBJ trade Texier to St Louis for a 2025 4th round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I would take Stenlund at $1 million a year over Texier at double that.
Seriously? First, we’re talking 1 vs 2 million. 2 million isn’t exactly going to break the bank.

Secondly, Texier had double the points of Stenlund and far better possession metrics on an absolute dogshit team, than Stenlund had on the cup winner.

Texier is far and away the better player to Stenlund and it’s not particularly close.

All that said, despite my love for Tex I’m not going to lose too much sleep over losing him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would take Stenlund at $1 million a year over Texier at double that.

Stenlund would be in Cleveland if he was signed with our org.

I don't know why people obsess over miniscule amounts of cap like this. Clubs in our position don't need to do that. We can think a little further ahead, and Texier has shown us much better play in the past than what he did this year. If he can get back to that, he's worth more than $2m per.

Over - valuing our players, no surprise here.
He's expendable. A good guy, but given lots of chances and didn't crack top 6.
A 4th for a 4th line player sounds okay to me.
Opens up a spot for someone hungrier, like Malatesta

Texier not hungry enough? His workrate is outstanding.

Yes he's expendable and had a bad year, but moving him for a 4th rounder to replace him with yet another rookie isn't a great reason to do it.

Like are you going to say about Malatesta in a couple years "didn't crack our top 6 sayonara"?

If Tex wanted a fresh start elsewhere that's fine but I don't think we had much reason to do it beyond that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Seriously? First, we’re talking 1 vs 2 million. 2 million isn’t exactly going to break the bank.

Secondly, Texier had double the points of Stenlund and far better possession metrics on an absolute dogshit team, than Stenlund had on the cup winner.

Texier had 7 more ES points with almost 40% more ES ice time per game. Given how much more ice time he received, it's not worth the $1 million to me.

Frankly, I don't want Stenlund at $1 million or Texier at $2 million.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
The reality was that he had a bad year. You're correct.

I think Tex can do better than that. He did look much better in the final couple of months. We've seen him get good on ice results in the previous years. I don't know why we would want to part with him now?

Maybe he didn't really want to be here? That was one the points Waddell brought up early, to have a talk with everyone and make sure everyone in the team really wants to be there.

FWIW I started as a huge Tex fan, then didn't have any expectations after he came back and he failed to meet even those :D I still think there's a good player there but maybe it just wasn't going to happen for him in the Jackets. Return seems bad, but if they were not going to qualify him then I dunno... I guess worst case they let him walk for free.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Stenlund would be in Cleveland if he was signed with our org.

I don't know why people obsess over miniscule amounts of cap like this. Clubs in our position don't need to do that. We can think a little further ahead, and Texier has shown us much better play in the past than what he did this year. If he can get back to that, he's worth more than $2m per.
Big if
If ifs were skiffs we would all be sailing

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Waddell said on The Fan that they have to make some room if they plan on signing any veteran free agents. My guess is that guys he won’t sign are free to talk to other teams and he is willing to take what he can get before July.

In the end, Tex never became what we hoped and I’d say Vegas won the Kolesar - pick that became Texier trade.

One thing I don’t recall the Jackets doing is trade a pick for a good prospect where the pick is higher than the prospect was originally drafted. I think we should do this occasionally. Vegas did this and found a very cheap and effective role player.

Vegas looks like they were team building and the CBJ look like they were trying to prove they could unearth talent.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
This team is in major need of an overhaul. If a Texier was a "keeper" for the new regime then this team would never get anywhere.

Players like Texier are spare parts and very easily replaceable.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Vegas looks like they were team building and the CBJ look like they were trying to prove they could unearth talent.

I’m hopeful that this is something that Don is trying to change. Can’t always be counting on green bananas.

Oh come off it. What a ridiculous horse to ride around on.

We traded a future 4th liner for a pick that we drafted a future 4th liner with. We ended up not needing that kid seven years later.

That's it, that's what was at stake there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad