Line Combos: CBJ Roster Discussion/Line Combos/Injury Report (No surgery for KJ, but out long term, Voronkov practicing)

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Provorov for Maccelli would be a great trade to make other than the fact it would deplete the D core even more.

But Maccelli is one of those guys you do that for imo. He's kinda being relegated to a bad line all because Utah has insane depth. Maccelli is like a mini Panarin the way he skates and sees the ice. He's super fun to watch and would be a mainstay in this top 6.

Reactions: GoJackets1

S1N4TR4

CBJ CBJ CBJ
Nov 15, 2013
Provorov for Maccelli would be a great trade to make other than the fact it would deplete the D core even more.

But Maccelli is one of those guys you do that for imo. He's kinda being relegated to a bad line all because Utah has insane depth. Maccelli is like a mini Panarin the way he skates and sees the ice. He's super fun to watch and would be a mainstay in this top 6.
a mini panarin and a mainstay in the top 6… that’s some awfully high praise/bold comparison.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
a mini panarin and a mainstay in the top 6… that’s some awfully high praise/bold comparison.
Stylistically yes.

If you haven't watched him play, I'm not sure why you're commenting. As much as I love to see Pytthia and Danforth playing with our 3rd overall pick, I think we could do SLIGHTLY better.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Well, if we do move Provorov early, I wouldn't mind poaching Fabbro. I still do not get why he's not getting minutes.

Reactions: Napoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Fabbro is very underrated and completely unappreciated in NSH
1. why should we trade a quality d-man for a winger if we don't have a problem with them? Just because Johnson, Voronkov and Brindley are injured doesn't mean they won't be back.
2. Fabbro may be underrated, but Provorov is better.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
1. why should we trade a quality d-man for a winger if we don't have a problem with them? Just because Johnson, Voronkov and Brindley are injured doesn't mean they won't be back.
2. Fabbro may be underrated, but Provorov is better.
What's the plan with Provorov? If they're going to keep him, resign him. Otherwise you have to move him. Maccelli would be a great add if they're going to move him.

You wouldn't trade Provorov for Fabbro, that'd be a pick of some kind as he's not getting minutes.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
What's the plan with Provorov? If they're going to keep him, resign him. Otherwise you have to move him. Maccelli would be a great add if they're going to move him.

You wouldn't trade Provorov for Fabbro, that'd be a pick of some kind as he's not getting minutes.
Chinakhov - Monahan - Marchenko
Voronkov - Fantilli - Johnson
JvR - Sillinger - Brindley
Aston-Reese - Danforth - Olivier

Where do you see a spot for Macelli?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
When has this team ever been fully healthy for any significant amount of time?

Also, JVR.
Do not forget Jenner (I do not count him because of injury to the end of the season). Pyyhtiä is ideal for the third line. Malatesta, Del Bel Belluz, maybe UFA.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Chinakhov - Monahan - Marchenko
Voronkov - Fantilli - Johnson
JvR - Sillinger - Brindley
Aston-Reese - Danforth - Olivier

Where do you see a spot for Macelli?

Macelli is a long term piece, guys like JVR, ZAR, and maybe Danforth aren't. Also Brindley still has to prove himself

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
What do you consider longterm? ZAR and Danforth could absolutely be around for awhile. Our current 3rd line could be an amazing 4th line for awhile

ZAR just doesn't seem like the type of player we'd sign/ he'd be interested in signing to a multi year deal. I'd like to keep Danforth but maybe they see him replaceable but one of our younger guys
Of course, in the bottom 6. But he is only a winger.

JvR, ZAR and Danforth have another role. Macelli must be compared with Marchenko, Johnson and Chinakhov.

I didn't know it would be against the rules to have a skill guy in the middle 6

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Of course, in the bottom 6. But he is only a winger.

JvR, ZAR and Danforth have another role. Macelli must be compared with Marchenko, Johnson and Chinakhov.

I think Maccelli is a top six caliber forward, but if you put him on the third line then that's great too. That's a huge upgrade for a third line. They need to score goals too.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
ZAR just doesn't seem like the type of player we'd sign/ he'd be interested in signing to a multi year deal. I'd like to keep Danforth but maybe they see him replaceable but one of our younger guys

I'd be all about keeping ZAR and Danforth, and Olivier. Extend all of them and make them the 4th line for next year.

Still plenty of space ahead of them in the lineup for skilled guys.

Palmu

Apr 10, 2019
Finland
We have a too good start for the season if people doesnt want to have Maccellis caliber player added to the roster.

I think he would be pretty damn good with Fantilli or Chinakhov. One line with Maccelli and one with KJ.

If we end up trading Provorov before deadline then Fabbro as someone said would be good target. Or Kaedan Korczak from Vegas.

Reactions: GoJackets1

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I dont see us acquiring a long term winger. Ideally, we get a guy who can play top 6 but can slide down as necessary. I dont want him particularly but a guy like Saad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad