Line Combos: CBJ Roster Discussion/Line Combos/Injury Report (KJ out “not short term”)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To be fair to Friedman, it's kind of like people in Columbus also forget about him. Porty devotes about 1/10 of the airtime to talking about Voronkov as he does to Cole Sillinger. For instance he wasn't even mentioned in a discussion listing our potential centers.
In this way we conceal him from our enemies so they cannot anticipate when he will strike.

• Haha
Reactions: Aaaarrgghh and Monk

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’ve been surprised Marchenko wasn’t on PP1 as he’s basically the last remaining right handed weapon for us, they run with 5 left handed players instead

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’ve been surprised Marchenko wasn’t on PP1 as he’s basically the last remaining right handed weapon for us, they run with 5 left handed players instead

There's advantages to all leftys. You know where to put the puck when you see someone with your peripheral vision. And you don't have to reverse the spin when a pass hits your stick.

Reactions: CBJx614

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
While the line is playing well, I think now after the KJ injury they should break up that top line and move Marchenko down to play with Fantilli. To be clear, I thought the same before the Johnson injury.

Will be interesting to see how much icetime Kuraly/JVR get while short a forward. Seems Evason is cutting their minutes, which I agree with.

Jiricek Watch in effect

Who knows what’s going on there. Would like to hear the actual quote, and his body language, but, I’m just not a fan of what or how he says things most of the time. I’m not sure if anything is really being lost in translation though, he seems to have whatever Laine and some others have had in the past, IMO.

Last edited:

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
This is gonna be KJ after two straight years of upper body injuries

1729367616016.png

Attachments

• 1729367570565.png
    1729367570565.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 1

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jiricek Watch in effect

Who knows what’s going on there. Would like to hear the actual quote, and his body language, but, I’m just not a fan of what or how he says things most of the time.

He mostly sounds good in the clip. That quote needs context.

Reactions: CBJx614

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
He mostly sounds good in the clip. That quote needs context.

Eh, it’s not really “good” or “great” what I’m hearing, from either Jiricek, or Evason regarding Jiricek. Definitely some mixed messages/energy, IMO. Interesting pause after the question about players “earning” things.

I do think there’s a language issue there however, which I’m giving Jiricek some benefit of the doubt. His English isn’t great, so I’m sure there are some things being “lost in translation”, while things are being explained/expressed to him about different things. But, then again HE needs to understand this also, and not react negatively to different things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad