Line Combos: CBJ Roster Discussion/Line Combos/Injury Report (Gudbranson to IR; Greaves recalled)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I understand this question but I’m not going to answer it because I was just making (another) snarky comment about message board life.
Understood. I was mainly poking at those who would make fun of someone who is struggling with a mental issue if this is what it is right now and how their tunes might hopefully change if it was ever confirmed as such.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Understood. I was mainly poking at those who would make fun of someone who is struggling with a mental issue if this is what it is right now and how their tunes might hopefully change if it was ever confirmed as such.
I’m not sure confirmation of a mental health issue is in any way definitive or convincing for some folks, sadly.

That said, I see the word “hopefully” in your post and I share that.

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
We were spoiled by watching Bob all those years. I hope for the best with Elvis (personally and professionally) but my confidence level in CBJ goaltending hasn't been this low since the end of the Steve Mason era. As much as I liked and rooted for Mason, I didn't think he had the ability to take the team deep into the playoffs (or get them there in the first place). That is how I feel with Elvis now. If he can't get the team where they want to go then he is simply a placeholder.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
They’ll change but only for fake internet points. Anyone willing to throw out and laugh at potential mental problems can go play in traffic

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
We were spoiled by watching Bob all those years. I hope for the best with Elvis (personally and professionally) but my confidence level in CBJ goaltending hasn't been this low since the end of the Steve Mason era. As much as I liked and rooted for Mason, I didn't think he had the ability to take the team deep into the playoffs (or get them there in the first place). That is how I feel with Elvis now. If he can't get the team where they want to go then he is simply a placeholder.
Cant even compare BOB and Elvis. Bob had a Stanley cup contender and Elvis has a bottom 5 team with 4 different coaches LMAO

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
Cant even compare BOB and Elvis. Bob had a Stanley cup contender and Elvis has a bottom 5 team with 4 different coaches LMAO
The Jackets have never been a Stanley Cup contender. Bob's first 4 years in Columbus they failed to qualify for the playoffs 3 times. The year they got in they lost in the first round. You could maybe make an argument for 2019 (when they beat Tampa) but they've never made it past the 2nd round. For most of his tenure Bob made the rest of the team look better than they were. He frequently made highlight reel and clutch saves, and legitimately gave them a chance to win most nights. I can't say either of those things about Elvis.

The team and circumstances around Elvis the last few years have been bad, for sure. But he hasn't shown the ability to lift them to a higher level either.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
The Jackets have never been a Stanley Cup contender.
they were absolutely contenders in 18-19. i'd say that they were contenders in 17-18 as well, but they choked in the first round that year to the eventual cup champs.

teams can be 'cup contenders' without actually making a cup run, and that is precisely what they were in bob's last two years here.

they've never been cup favorites but they were absolutely contenders during the two seasons when panarin was here.

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
The Jackets have never been a Stanley Cup contender. Bob's first 4 years in Columbus they failed to qualify for the playoffs 3 times. The year they got in they lost in the first round. You could maybe make an argument for 2019 (when they beat Tampa) but they've never made it past the 2nd round. For most of his tenure Bob made the rest of the team look better than they were. He frequently made highlight reel and clutch saves, and legitimately gave them a chance to win most nights. I can't say either of those things about Elvis.

The team and circumstances around Elvis the last few years have been bad, for sure. But he hasn't shown the ability to lift them to a higher level either.
2016-2019 they had the a really really good line up with a great coach and enough to be contenders

Reactions: majormajor

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
Maybe go check the roster for that 1st Vezina win to refresh your memory of reality. Bob sped the process up
better line up then Elvis ever had, you could argue Elvis could have won it in 2019 he had great numbers. other then that hes been with young rebuilding teams

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
better line up then Elvis ever had, you could argue Elvis could have won it in 2019 he had great numbers. other then that hes been with young rebuilding teams
Again, go compare the team Elvis had that good year on and Bob's 1st Vezina, especially the defense. I can promise you it was not a better lineup than Elvis had

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
2016-2019 they had the a really really good line up with a great coach and enough to be contenders
I guess we have different definitions of "contender." None of that changes my view of Elvis. Bob inspired confidence and gave the team a chance to win most nights. Elvis does not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad