Line Combos: CBJ Roster Discussion/Line Combos/Injury Report (Elvis healthy, Greaves to CLE, Gudbranson out long term)

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
The way I see it, or would like to see it, is if you have credible information / sources for "something", but for whatever reason can't specifically name those sources, then just report it stating "credible sources within the team tell me that something something". If even that is too much, ie. you were told "something" but it was so off the record you need to be so hush hush about it you can only "report" it by being so roundabout and mysterious that no one knows anymore if you have information or are just speculating, then just don't report it at all.

I really dislike the kind of reporting that implies and hints and creates the impression the reporter is tapping into sources but "can't tell", so all he can do is to wrap a supposed nugget of information in a cloud of mystery so thick it's really up to the reader what to make of it, or not.

To be clear, I haven't even read Porty's latest comments on Elvis so my comments above are not specific to that or, even to Porty necessary, though sometimes I think he can be prone to not being very clear about separating Porty the professional journalist talking facts and Porty the half-journalist, half-CBJ fan speculating or telling us what he'd like to be true.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What exactly would Portzline have to say, or how would he have to say it for people to believe multiple/many players have had a problem with Merzlikins over time??

Are people still of the opinion that we should look to move THESE players?

Do people really think Portzline would even bring it up if it wasn’t some sort of actual issue, and not just a couple/few players??

What number of players is the cut off where you would think it would be best to move the terrible starting goalie that other players don’t like??

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Elvis Merzlikins f***ing sucks, and he ALWAYS HAS. IMO, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad