Proposal: Cbj - nyi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Hartnell hasn't broken down yet. Until he does, Columbus shouldn't be giving him away for a broken down price.

The Jackets say "ok he scored 23 goals and 49 points as a top-6 winger. His value is X." The other team says "but he's 34 and has an NMC. His value is Y." And the teams then meet in the middle between X and Y.

Your post made sense right up until the end.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
True, but other teams have other players in similar situations where they'd love to get fair value back and gain cap space for guys inching closer and closer to retirement. The market for 34-year-olds isn't ever hot

Honestly, how many other 34 year olds with Hartnell's numbers are available with his cap?

Please do the math for me.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
Meh. Not a fan of this one. Won't cry should it happen though. I like Prince and would like to keep our first. (It's scary when you trade your first and don't know if you'll make the playoffs unto Ike last couple of weeks. How's about Bailey, a second and the fact that we can't offer you Strait.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
I want to see what the Jackets can do this season as is. Both Hartnell and Atkinson will play significant roles in any success. The way last season started was a killer for them, it has to be a better start this season.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Why do people mention age when he has been extremely consistent points wise on one of the most inconsistent teams in the league with at times suspect line mates. Hartnell is the most underrated player on this board and we are only asking for 2 2nds a late first at the deadline or a B-prospect who is a mid 6C. We aren't even asking for a lot we would even probably do a high 2nd and 4th or something. We are not even asking for full fair value for a 1LW producer on a good cap hit contract with his character. If he was a free agent this year it would have been a MUCH higher hit for same damn term at LEAST.

Main point is we don't WANT to nessasarily trade him but we have so many guys ready and specifically for his spot it helps us long term together our young guys time in the big leagues to be ready to be legit contenders in 2 years. Hartnell is just our only movable option right now. CBJ didn't make this proposal so don't act like we are trying to throw him on you even though this trade gives you cam on a ****ing great cap hit and Hartnell whose numbers speak for themselves. This imaginary decline is talked about alot here and still over the past 3 years not one fan has any legitimate proof he is declining.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Why do people mention age when he has been extremely consistent points wise on one of the most inconsistent teams in the league with at times suspect line mates. Hartnell is the most underrated player on this board and we are only asking for 2 2nds a late first at the deadline or a B-prospect who is a mid 6C. We aren't even asking for a lot we would even probably do a high 2nd and 4th or something. We are not even asking for full fair value for a 1LW producer on a good cap hit contract with his character. If he was a free agent this year it would have been a MUCH higher hit for same damn term at LEAST.

Main point is we don't WANT to nessasarily trade him but we have so many guys ready and specifically for his spot it helps us long term together our young guys time in the big leagues to be ready to be legit contenders in 2 years. Hartnell is just our only movable option right now. CBJ didn't make this proposal so don't act like we are trying to throw him on you even though this trade gives you cam on a ****ing great cap hit and Hartnell whose numbers speak for themselves. This imaginary decline is talked about alot here and still over the past 3 years not one fan has any legitimate proof he is declining.

Truth. :laugh:

madpooh

May 30, 2007
Snow seems to do well with 1st round picks, whether he's picking top-5, mid round, or even 25-30. I wouldn't be so anxious to give up a 1st for whatever veteran is available.

I cant agree with the top 5 commment. 4 out of his last 5 picks have been questionable and the other was pretty easy.
Outside of top 5 pucks hes fine, but your not getting much value from top 5 picks under him

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Your post made sense right up until the end.

Columbus isn't going to get what they want for Hartnell (i.e. a return which reflects his production and not his age/cost) and they won't trade him for what other teams want to give up (i.e. a return which reflects his age/cost and not production).

The return will be in between those two if Columbus ends up trading him.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Columbus isn't going to get what they want for Hartnell (i.e. a return which reflects his production and not his age/cost) and they won't trade him for what other teams want to give up (i.e. a return which reflects his age/cost and not production).

The return will be in between those two if Columbus ends up trading him.

hehheh my post was just joking about the likelihood of finding middle ground - here anyway

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Hartnell stays put until the trade deadline. The only way Hartnell gets moved before then is if a team has a major injury and can't fill the void from within. Then maybe someone pays full value but unless that happens he's not likely to be going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad