Proposal: Cbj - nyi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Atkinson Hartnell would be huge upgrade for us. Atkinson is better than his stats and team show. Hartnell is so annoying to play against. Either one could play with JT and Hartnell has a sneaky scoring touch people seem to forget.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Snow seems to do well with 1st round picks, whether he's picking top-5, mid round, or even 25-30. I wouldn't be so anxious to give up a 1st for whatever veteran is available.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I would say no from the cbj side. Production wise that's us giving.uo 2 1st line players and not getting anything back. That would be a late first. The trade doesn't consider our needs at all.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You're not going to see Columbus move two top six forwards without getting at least one back. They scored 100+ pts between them last year, more than double Bailey + Prince.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Atkinson Hartnell would be huge upgrade for us. Atkinson is better than his stats and team show. Hartnell is so annoying to play against. Either one could play with JT and Hartnell has a sneaky scoring touch people seem to forget.

How is it an upgrade on any level? Because these players aren't already Islanders and would be shiny and different?

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Lol Hartnell for bailey prince and a first? thats funny

Then let's rework it sans Atkinson, as it doesn't make a ton of sense for us to move him at this point.

Hartnell may never get out of the Metro now. Philly to Columbus to perhaps NYI. Crazy.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yup, because every player on the Islanders sucks but the exact same or inferior players on other teams are better. But we also should have kept Okposo, Nielsen, and Martin.

Life as an Isles fan...

But... but... think of how many points [overpaid 32-34 year old winger whose game has regressed in the past couple years] would put up on JT's wing!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How is it an upgrade on any level? Because these players aren't already Islanders and would be shiny and different?

Apparently you missed this:
Hartnell + Atkinson had 100+ pts this year, more than double Prince + Bailey.

Double the pts = upgrade.

But... but... think of how many points [overpaid 32-34 year old winger whose game has regressed in the past couple years] would put up on JT's wing!

If a guy regresses down to 110 pts in the past couple years, I'd say he'd probably produce a lot of points on JT's wing.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Apparently you missed this:
Hartnell + Atkinson had 100+ pts this year, more than double Prince + Bailey.

Double the pts = upgrade.

If a guy regresses down to 110 pts in the past couple years, I'd say he'd probably produce a lot of points on JT's wing.

It's also like double the cap hit and double the age though

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Now, I'm not an expert on the NYI players involved, so it's possible I'm off-base. But from here it sure looks like this is an attempt to foist off a high-cap guy whose development is going nowhere and yet another Perpetual "But He Has POTENTIAL" bottom-line winger - you know, two types of assets we have less than zero use for - for two of our top scorers.

Oh, wait, but we also get a (likely late) 1st to try to make up for it.

**** that ****.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Pretty much every team in the NHL has a guy like Hartnell, in the same age range, who doesn't come cheap, who the fanbase swears would be super-fantastic on JT's wing and that's why we need to overpay.

Yet they never seem to want Kulemin or Grabovski or entertain how many points they'd put up next to their star players.

Funny, ain't it?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Now, I'm not an expert on the NYI players involved, so it's possible I'm off-base. But from here it sure looks like this is an attempt to foist off a high-cap guy whose development is going nowhere and yet another Perpetual "But He Has POTENTIAL" bottom-line winger - you know, two types of assets we have less than zero use for - for two of our top scorers.

Oh, wait, but we also get a (likely late) 1st to try to make up for it.

**** that ****.

This trade isn't fair value for CBJ, but I wouldn't put down Prince like that. He's not going to be anything special, but he's definitely an NHLer who I think just needs a full time role.

Bailey, on the other hand, yes is trash.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Pretty much every team in the NHL has a guy like Hartnell, in the same age range, who doesn't come cheap, who the fanbase swears would be super-fantastic on JT's wing and that's why we need to overpay.

Yet they never seem to want Kulemin or Grabovski or entertain how many points they'd put up next to their star players.

Funny, ain't it?

Uh, what's really funny is that you have no sense of how to compare players. Hartnell's 110 pts is more than Kulemin and Grabovski have done put together in the last two years. :laugh:

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester

Please tell me you are joking. Hartnell might be older but the guy can play. Atkinson hasn't been in a winning atmosphere pretty much his whole career. He is the perfect example of young talent with serious skill on the wrong team. We are built to win now minus a few pieces. Doesn't mean we just go out there and trade for anyone but don't try and tell me Atkinson/Hartnell wouldn't be an upgrade over Bailey/Prince. Ridiculous.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Uh, what's really funny is that you have no sense of how to compare players. Hartnell's 110 pts is more than Kulemin and Grabovski have done put together in the last two years. :laugh:

What's really funny is you not realizing my point is mostly that Hartnell is 34 and signed to a sizable cap hit for the next three years, instead of trying to start a pissing contest as to which overpaid veteran puts up the most points.

Asking another team to overpay assets to acquire a 34-year-old with a high cap hit and NMC, ignoring every factor instead to focus on how many points he put up as a 32-year-old, is missing the point entirely. Best of luck getting a juicy, 1st++ return for Hartnell, it sure won't be coming from the Isles.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What's really funny is you not realizing my point is mostly that Hartnell is 34 and signed to a sizable cap hit for the next three years, instead of trying to start a pissing contest as to which overpaid veteran puts up the most points.

Asking another team to overpay assets to acquire a 34-year-old with a high cap hit and NMC, ignoring every factor instead to focus on how many points he put up as a 32-year-old, is missing the point entirely. Best of luck getting a juicy, 1st++ return for Hartnell, it sure won't be coming from the Isles.

Hartnell hasn't broken down yet. Until he does, Columbus shouldn't be giving him away for a broken down price.

The Jackets say "ok he scored 23 goals and 49 points as a top-6 winger. His value is X." The other team says "but he's 34 and has an NMC. His value is Y." And the teams then meet in the middle between X and Y.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester

Code makes a great point but the Isles are and should be desperate to make this team better now. Atkinson isn't exactly chopped liver either lol.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hartnell hasn't broken down yet. Until he does, Columbus shouldn't be giving him away for a broken down price.

The Jackets say "ok he scored 23 goals and 49 points as a top-6 winger. His value is X." The other team says "but he's 34 and has an NMC. His value is Y." And the teams then meet in the middle between X and Y.

True, but other teams have other players in similar situations where they'd love to get fair value back and gain cap space for guys inching closer and closer to retirement. The market for 34-year-olds isn't ever hot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad