OT: CBJ Lounge XXII (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Refreshed, remodeled lounge. Enjoy, relax, be kind.

1728524771893.jpeg

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Where are you from?

I was born in Parma but the family moved to the DC suburbs when I was 6 months old. I lived there until 5th grade when we moved to the SF suburbs. I lived there for 25 years when I moved to STL for 3 years and then here 20 yeas ago.

When it comes to that kind of food, I missed Roy Rogers Chicken, Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips and Dairy Queen when we moved from DC to SF as they didn't have locations there.

For the Bay Area, I miss Jack in the Box, TOGO's Sandwiches and In n Out.

I miss nothing about St Louis except a few friends, LOL

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
The topic of "best" fast food comes up a couple times a year in the Browns forum I used to frequent before the team traded away its dignity for Deshaun Watson. Since I outwardly root for the team I used to love to now lose, I don't drop by there very often now. TBH, "best" fast food is an oxymoron, they almost all start with the same lowest common denominator of low quality mass produced meats, breads and vegetables, deep fry them, doctor them up so they are barely recognizable, put bacon on top and advertise it as tasty, fast and cheap.

As you can probably guess I very rarely eat fast food but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. Skyline however is on my "never again" list right alongside Taco Bell. They are pretty much the bottom of the fast food scale for me.

Actually I'd love to take a class on fast food trends, "why people feel so strongly about the fast food chains they love". I mean, I tried Shake Shack. Don't get why people swear by it. No better than other fast food but more expensive. Do people thinks its special because they won't put one on every street corner? I have tried Chick-fil-A several times trying to figure out why the cars are wrapped around the building three times. Don't get it. It's no better than anything else, is it because people like their conservative values?

I am by no means a food snob but I guess my taste buds have improved since I was twelve.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The topic of "best" fast food comes up a couple times a year in the Browns forum I used to frequent before the team traded away its dignity for Deshaun Watson. Since I outwardly root for the team I used to love to now lose, I don't drop by there very often now. TBH, "best" fast food is an oxymoron, they almost all start with the same lowest common denominator of low quality mass produced meats, breads and vegetables, deep fry them, doctor them up so they are barely recognizable, put bacon on top and advertise it as tasty, fast and cheap.

As you can probably guess I very rarely eat fast food but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. Skyline however is on my "never again" list right alongside Taco Bell. They are pretty much the bottom of the fast food scale for me.

Actually I'd love to take a class on fast food trends, "why people feel so strongly about the fast food chains they love". I mean, I tried Shake Shack. Don't get why people swear by it. No better than other fast food but more expensive. Do people thinks its special because they won't put one on every street corner? I have tried Chick-fil-A several times trying to figure out why the cars are wrapped around the building three times. Don't get it. It's no better than anything else, is it because people like their conservative values?

I am by no means a food snob but I guess my taste buds have improved since I was twelve.
I have to admit I like Taco Hell during hockey season. I try to keep some fresh salsa and shredded cheese in stock at home so when coming home from a Monster's game and wanting a snack, I'll make a run for the border and pick up some soft tacos, since it is literally a minute from our house, and plop on the couch and eat some tacos and watch the west coast games that have just started.

It has become just as enjoyable as making a big tub of popcorn for Saturday night hockey when we are home to watch.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I have never had a McDonald's hamburger. That includes cheeseburger, quarter pounder, big mac etc. Never had a burger patty of any kind from Wendy's, either.

Had Taco Bell once.

I'm neither a healthy food adherent nor a food snob. Just lucky I guess.

Reactions: Doggy

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Camp Washington Chili and Blue Ash Chili are fantastic. If you are ever in Cincinnati, I highly recommend both if you want to try Cincinnati chili. The only time I seem to go to Skyline is if a friend who grew up in southwestern Ohio is in town who really is craving it.

“Hey, while you are in town, let’s go get something to eat. Maybe brunch at the Valter’s?”

“I haven’t been in Ohio for 6 years. Can we eat at Skyline?”

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
This YouTube channel has a large collection of fast food history videos

I learned from 1 video that every major fast food chain has red or yellow in their logo "They" say those colors increase appetite, but I never realized that about logos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad