OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus
*pretentious foodie post incoming*

I usually go out 1-2 times a week but I've been super busy with work and haven't gone out in a few weeks, so I decided to go all in last night. I can't afford this place on the regular, but through word of mouth and this honor below, I decided to spoil me.

Agni is a pre-set menu with 15 courses in German Village and was just named 1 of the 20 best new restaurants in the country by Bon Appetite, which is really rare for Columbus.

The chef/owner was on Top Chef a few years ago. He went out 9th, but did win $10,000 for a dessert (which is on the menu). It was worth the cost, which is $145 per person and you can add wine pairings, which I did not.

I enjoyed 14 of the 15 incredibly creative dishes. Each course came with an explanation of the dish. Since there is no menu, that's when you find out what you are getting, though the menu is online. We had 5 different staff tell us about the dishes through the meal, which I think is a good idea. Seeing the same server 20-30 times can be a bit much, so it was nice to have multiple voices tell you what was on the plate.

It was a 2 1/2 hour meal, and you leave very full despite small/medium plates. When you leave, they give you a card stock menu to take home with you. I like that you don't see the menu until you leave, neat feature

It's really expensive and I know for many it's outside peoples budget, but if you are able to, I thought the food and experience was well worth it.

View attachment 906921
Chef Avishar also has a place in Worthington called Joya's that is top-notch

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Anyone else come down with COVID for the first time recently?
Yep. Just went back to work today. Pretty mild case. Basically felt like a head cold. Did enjoy catching up on a lot of sleep though. Got it when I took my mother to the hospital, as she ended up testing positive then, I did a couple days later, and one of my brothers, and his wife also have it. Fun times.

Bonus: my girlfriend just got done with pneumonia after fighting it all of August. Been like this all year for us taking care of our mothers and their health issues. I am about done with 2024.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yep. Just went back to work today. Pretty mild case. Basically felt like a head cold. Did enjoy catching up on a lot of sleep though. Got it when I took my mother to the hospital, as she ended up testing positive then, I did a couple days later, and one of my brothers, and his wife also have it. Fun times.

Bonus: my girlfriend just got done with pneumonia after fighting it all of August. Been like this all year for us taking care of our mothers and their health issues. I am about done with 2024.
“Liked” only just to show support.

My mom passed around Christmas but we still look after my MIL. Today, my wife woke up with vertigo. My schedule for today has changed, needless to say.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
“Liked” only just to show support.

My mom passed around Christmas but we still look after my MIL. Today, my wife woke up with vertigo. My schedule for today has changed, needless to say.
Sorry to hear about your mom. We had a bad Christmas a few years back in 2020. It kind of changes one's outlook for the holidays. It seems to loom in the background while everyone tries to be festive.

I hope all goes well with your wife. Stay well.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sorry to hear about your mom. We had a bad Christmas a few years back in 2020. It kind of changes one's outlook for the holidays. It seems to loom in the background while everyone tries to be festive.

I hope all goes well with your wife. Stay well.
She has these episodes every couple years. It should resolve. I was just pointing out that I get how not feeling well yourself impacts your caregiving responsibilities.

Reactions: Monstershockey

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
My 'version' of COVID is really up and down. I will feel ok or even good for 3 or 4 hours, then it comes back down pretty fast. The oddest is my sense of smell and taste comes and goes like that as well. If I feel ok, I can taste. When the wave comes down, I lose the sense of taste and smell.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
My 'version' of COVID is really up and down. I will feel ok or even good for 3 or 4 hours, then it comes back down pretty fast. The oddest is my sense of smell and taste comes and goes like that as well. If I feel ok, I can taste. When the wave comes down, I lose the sense of taste and smell.
I hope it breaks up soon. Kind of sucks you have waves like that. Just when you start feeling like maybe it going to break, you go back down. Must be frustrating.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Drought has turned me into a lawn guy. Never really cared about grass beyond the basic desire to keep it cut and orderly. But about one-third of my meager yard has been burnt to a dusty crisp and I stare at it every day and think ... Man, I'm excited to eventually plant some new grass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad