Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Jack Roslovic re-signs with the Blue Jackets (2 years, $1.9M AAV)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
They're held to the standards that their actions dictate. If you want to pretend that the details don't matter, that's your problem, not ours.

I thought Roslovic wasn't going to be a problem because he was local? I guess refusing to play for your team is just the more noble thing to do now.

nashnaidoo

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2004
I thought Roslovic wasn't going to be a problem because he was local? I guess refusing to play for your team is just the more noble thing to do now.

So I understand clearly what you are saying. Roslovic, by not signing the contract offered by the Jets was disloyal?

My opinion is that he did the upright thing. He didn't like his situation so he decided to ask for a trade but waited until his contract had expired. He wouldn't be collecting a pay cheque while Winnipeg tried to accommodate his request.

Jack put his money where his mouth was. Good for him.

Reactions: cslebn

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
How funny would it be if he was the best player in the deal.
Roslovic is the oldest player and also by far the least productive with the fewest games played so that’s seems very unlikely. Good luck to the home town kid though.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
It is cool for them to get a hometown player (I'm sure that's very rare for Columbus). Wish him the best in his move and career there!

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Will be interesting to see the opinions of those who thought PLD was being disrespectful or immoral in asking for a trade. I'm sure they'll bring that same energy for Roslovic who just held out while demanding a trade.
Except, you know, Roslovic didn't sign a contract. Why should he play if he's not under contract?

Reactions: Laus723

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Dont have huge hopes for Roslovic, probably see a decent 3rd liner but if he improves to 2nd line quality then that is obviously huge

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Roslovic never did anything special in wpg and he is lucky to get 30 points a season.
He disappears for long stretches.

It did not bother me to lose him from our roster and his trade value is next to nothing.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Jack just had no chance to crack our top 6
I really hope he does well.
Just no place for him on our roster.

Reactions: Laus723

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What does that even mean?
In the context of this thread, it's just saying that I hold Roslovic and Dubois to different standards because Roslovic didn't start actively hindering the team on the ice and in the locker room or make any mystery of his intentions and/or reasons for those intentions like Dubois did, so while Dubois deserves the scorn he's getting (for having acted that way), I'm willing to give Roslovic a second chance (because he showed a bit more professionalism).

In that specific instance, it means "your content-free attempts to claim the last word are both juvenile and transparent as hell, kindly shut up and go away." ;)

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
In Chevy's interview today, he alluded to the fact that Jack wanted to play center but the team did not think he was 3C material. Money wasn't an issue, it was usage. I'm guessing Jack was pretty sour about being damned to the 3RW spot with no hope to ever become that center, so I get why he sits. He'll be a 3C in his hometown, so kudos to him for making the right move, I guess.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
In Chevy's interview today, he alluded to the fact that Jack wanted to play center but the team did not think he was 3C material. Money wasn't an issue, it was usage. I'm guessing Jack was pretty sour about being damned to the 3RW spot with no hope to ever become that center, so I get why he sits. He'll be a 3C in his hometown, so kudos to him for making the right move, I guess.
I would have like to see PoMo at least give him a chance at C If Jack thrives under Torts at the Center position I be pissed off at the Jets coaching staff

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
He think's hes a legit top 6 player.

Watched the game yesterday and CBJ has no skill players left in the top6. Texier is pretty much the only one and he has 18 NHL points during his career.

Roslo could easily fit into the top6 skillwise.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Watched the game yesterday and CBJ has no skill players left in the top6. Texier is pretty much the only one and he has 18 NHL points during his career.

I don’t disagree, but nothing he’s done so far to date says he’s a top 6 player.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
$2.5 in real dollars for the second season so his next QO will be $2.75 million....my early bet is that he doesn’t get qualified in 2023.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

The problem in Winnipeg even when he had the chance to jump up due to injury is he couldn’t handle more than 4th line matchups well. If he has the puck he’s fine, it’s the other 95% of the game. Maybe Torts can work him into being NHL quality.

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020

Congrats on what was obviously your first ever Jackets game. Dubois wasn’t even our most skilled guy in the top six. But thanks for playing.

He’ll get his chance, but he’ll have to earn a spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad