Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] F Cole Sillinger re-signs with the Blue Jackets (2 years, $2.25M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Silly has some flaws, but he just turned 21. He's been pretty impressive for coming in so young. I'm excited to see what he blossoms into. I think his floor is decent third line center.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Sillinger has to take advantage of the Laine departure vacancy chain to score more offensive minutes, even if it's on PP2.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Sillinger has to take advantage of the Laine departure vacancy chain to score more offensive minutes, even if it's on PP2.
I don't see him getting much PP time, there's too many more skilled players that will more than likely up those spots.

ProfessorFink22

May 28, 2020
Silly's style of play needs to come with a "I'd go through a wall for my teammates, and they'd go through a wall for me" mentality. If he can mature into a full time NHLer doing that, he is an NHLer with tremendous value. Without it, he ends up looking like what he has many times in his ELC - very forgetable at best, and very replaceable.

But, if he were just coming into the league as a rookie, people would view him very differently. I'm choosing not to be too hard or critical of a guy trying to play in the best league in the world in what seemed like a dysfunctional NHL locker room at 18/19/20. Many reports out of CBJ seem to indicate they view Silly as a future leader, here's to hoping he can be.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
This deal will tell CBJ if the bounce back last year was his ceiling or maybe it was a step forward in his development and he'll continue to grow. He has 3 years of NHL experience and had a brutal sophomore year. His 3rd year showed he's dedicated to improving and wants to be part of the solution. This contract will tell a lot. Unlike other CBJ fans, I think he's going to be a long term fixture that is a plus 3rd line center and could play top 6 minutes on a given night. Will be a 20g, 50pt player sooner than later and plays a 200ft game. The biggest knock was his skating, which he worked on quite a bit between years 2 and 3. Needs to do more and he's clearly not done developing.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Ugh.

Either sign a guy long term or trade him.

A bridge deal either sewers the team next time, or it turns out the player was nothing special.

Lose/lose.

ProfessorFink22

May 28, 2020
Ugh.

A bridge deal either sewers the team next time, or it turns out the player was nothing special.

Lose/lose.
Trading him at relatively lower value and seeing him blossom somewhere else seems like a lose.

Signing him just to see his development stall out and ending up with an overpaid 4th liner for the next half a dozen or so years, also seems like a lose.

Yell at any clouds lately?

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Trading him at relatively lower value and seeing him blossom somewhere else seems like a lose.

Signing him just to see his development stall out and ending up with an overpaid 4th liner for the next half a dozen or so years, also seems like a lose.

Yell at any clouds lately?

S’what I do.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Ugh.

Lose/lose.
Right, because we already know what he'll become, thus a long term deal makes a lot of sense out of an ELC... shake your head a little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad