CBJ captain Boone Jenner out “long term”

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Yo, that sucks. Hockey gods not being kind right now. That's brutal.

Offering good vibes from Calgary to y'all CBJ fans.

Reactions: Bohologo

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Even though they're a division rival, I do hope Columbus wins the lottery this year

You'd need to have an amazingly strong mind to find any motivation in that organization this season. I hope the negativity doesn't snowball into a toxic cesspool locker room for the long term.
They have a lot of young talent who will just play for themselves and to develop their offensive game. The Devils did that in 2021-22 and were able to take the next step the next year. But many other young players do develop bad habits. We'll see - but at least there is a ton of young forward talent who should score some points. As for people like Gudbranson, Provorov, and Severson....I have no idea. Though I guess Provorov is an upcoming UFA.

I wonder if Monahan asks for a trade at some point?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Man. Sending out the good thoughts for a fan base and team who need some breaks. You guys and gals deserve a win.

Here's to a rapid recovery for Jenner, one of the gems in the game.

Reactions: Marshall

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that they should fire Evason, and quickly. He is a decent coach who is good at getting lesser players to grind out OT losses when it should lose in regulation. That will cost them Hagens. CHI and likely, SJS, are still going to be bad teams, and those extra points will kill COL.

I also don't know that he would be ideal for young players like Fantilli, but at this point, what is he going to do, bench him if he doesn't backcheck?

Feel bad for my expansion brothers.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
The fans that stick with that team this year deserve to watch Hagens wearing their jersey. It wouldn't undo any of the traumatic shit they've had to endure, but at least it'd be something.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Man, getting hurt just before the season when the team has already been through so much really sucks

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I believe whenever Jenner's been out the last couple years the team has been notably worse. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I remember. He's obviously a good player, but especially important for the Jackets.

This has got to be up there as one of the toughest starts to a season any franchise has ever had.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
By now they should go old school expansion team and sign some European veterans.

Sörensen, Kahun and Saarela? Kuokkanen does somehow seem to have some offence though.. Not any chance of him tapping into it in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad