Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Blue Jackets sign Zac Rinaldo (1 year, $750k, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Stupid play by Girard. Either go in hard and start swinging or don’t go at all. How long has he been playing this sport? Basically presented his face and asked, please hit me Mr Rinaldo sir. Nice to see Johnson take care of business.

Go ahead and defend this play and justify him suckering a rookie that didn't drop his stick and gloves. Rinaldo was, and always will be a dirtbag.

There's another highlight (or lowlight) reel of Rinaldo's antics for you to defend.

Reactions: Owenay

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Go ahead and defend this play and justify him suckering a rookie that didn't drop his stick and gloves. Rinaldo was, and always will be a dirtbag.

There's another highlight (or lowlight) reel of Rinaldo's antics for you to defend.

How does being a rookie factor into your evaluation? Rinaldo is a dirtbag, only saying Girard should have gone in swinging or not at all.

Jul 6, 2016
I still don't understand how this guy still got a job at NHL level.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Stupid play by Girard. Either go in hard and start swinging or don’t go at all. How long has he been playing this sport? Basically presented his face and asked, please hit me Mr Rinaldo sir. Nice to see Johnson take care of business.
I agree that he should go all in if he’s going to engage Ronaldo, but he clearly rethought the situation and wasn’t even really engaged with Rinaldo when he hit him. Quick game, can’t let up if you posture for a fight.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Zac : I don't like video games and I focus all my off ice time to working out and focusing on the game.

Jarmo : You are the new roommate and assigned buddy to Laine.

Reactions: behemolari

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I still don't understand how this guy still got a job at NHL level.

Rinaldo is exactly the type of player the NHL should be getting out of this league. Literally has zero hockey ability and all he does is run around looking to catch someone with their head down.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Rinaldo is exactly the type of player the NHL should be getting out of this league. Literally has zero hockey ability and all he does is run around looking to catch someone with their head down.

Don't disagree save to add that any player "running around looking to catch someone with their head down", regardless of "hockey ability", should be "out of this league".

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I agree that he should go all in if he’s going to engage Ronaldo, but he clearly rethought the situation and wasn’t even really engaged with Rinaldo when he hit him. Quick game, can’t let up if you posture for a fight.

Based on who Girard is as a player, his only thought in that situation was to get up the ice to join the play in the offensive zone, and only made contact because Rinaldo skated in front of him, impeding Girard's path to the point he was supposed to be covering. Trying to paint his "get out of my way" little shove as him trying to "engage Rinaldo" is laughable, and even Rinaldo should have been able to tell the difference. The only person who actually engaged Rinaldo in retaliation was EJ, after the sucker punch had already been thrown.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Based on who Girard is as a player, his only thought in that situation was to get up the ice to join the play in the offensive zone, and only made contact because Rinaldo skated in front of him, impeding Girard's path to the point he was supposed to be covering. Trying to paint his "get out of my way" little shove as him trying to "engage Rinaldo" is laughable, and even Rinaldo should have been able to tell the difference. The only person who actually engaged Rinaldo in retaliation was EJ, after the sucker punch had already been thrown.

Rinaldo didn’t have months to analyze the situation like you have. He saw a guy come up on him after a hit on their star player and overreacted. Glad Johnson was able to get to him.

But all that doesn’t change the fact Girard postured as if he was going to engage Rinaldo.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Rinaldo didn’t have months to analyze the situation like you have. He saw a guy come up on him after a hit on their star player and overreacted. Glad Johnson was able to get to him.

But all that doesn’t change the fact Girard postured as if he was going to engage Rinaldo.

I watched the game live and it was a sucker punch from the instant it happened. Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knew, without any question, that Girard wasn't trying to engage Rinaldo and it shouldn't take more than a quick look to see who is coming at you, assess the threat and respond appropriately. And punching a 19 year old kid in the side of the head as he's trying to skate by you isn't an appropriate response, no longer what excuses you try to make. Rinaldo is the only one to blame for his overreaction/sucker punch and he was suspended as a result of his actions.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I watched the game live and it was a sucker punch from the instant it happened. Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knew, without any question, that Girard wasn't trying to engage Rinaldo and it shouldn't take more than a quick look to see who is coming at you, assess the threat and respond appropriately. And punching a 19 year old kid in the side of the head as he's trying to skate by you isn't an appropriate response, no longer what excuses you try to make. Rinaldo is the only one to blame for his overreaction/sucker punch and he was suspended as a result of his actions.
You have obviously never played a sport in your life, mr rewind.

Your post is a bunch of shit. You just can’t take the fact Girard skated up, then bitched out and STILL got punched. And even if he was doing whatever you’re making up, he should have defended his teammate and star player.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

Your post is a bunch of shit. You just can’t take the fact Girard skated up, then bitched out and STILL got punched. And even if he was doing whatever you’re making up, he should have defended his teammate and star player.

The hit from Rinaldo on MacKinnon was 100% legal, so why exactly should anyone on the Avs have retaliated for a legal hit? The only people who seem to think retaliation was called for was Rinaldo and people like you who want to blame Girard for some stupid reason.

The fact of the matter is that Girard was skating up the ice to try to get where he's supposed to be (aka covering the point), gave Rinaldo a slight shove when he skated in front of him, and got sucker punched because he was trying to play hockey. The only person who did anything wrong on this play was Rinaldo. Your laughable insults and insistence that clean hits deserve retribution don't change anything.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Most people who have played a sport in their life, can understand the difference between right and wrong, and Rinaldo is the one in the wrong in this situation.

Just because someone skates up to you, doesn't give you the option of dropping your gloves and just beating on someone who isnt engaging you.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The hit from Rinaldo on MacKinnon was 100% legal, so why exactly should anyone on the Avs have retaliated for a legal hit? The only people who seem to think retaliation was called for was Rinaldo and people like you who want to blame Girard for some stupid reason.

What does legality have to do with it? When players see contact that hurts their star teammate, they respond. It's stupid, but it's been like this for at least ten years now. What typically happens in this situation is that someone jumps Rinaldo. You know this.

The fact of the matter is that Girard was skating up the ice to try to get where he's supposed to be (aka covering the point), gave Rinaldo a slight shove when he skated in front of him, and got sucker punched because he was trying to play hockey. The only person who did anything wrong on this play was Rinaldo. Your laughable insults and insistence that clean hits deserve retribution don't change anything.

Yeah I don't know if Girard was trying to make some mild gesture of rebuke at Rinaldo or whether he was just trying to skate around him. I think he was trying to push him mildly. Unfortunately for Girard, Rinaldo's brain doesn't work quickly enough to discern whether Girard is attacking him, it's just "punch the first guy that comes after me".

Reactions: 1989

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Rinaldo didn’t get all these contracts because he is as bad as people claim on here.

I can see why he is getting chances. Obviously he is not a regular, but he does offer something and his teammates love him.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad