CBC closing playoff montage-In memory of Bob Cole

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
I thought I heard years ago they fired the guy CBC had doing these, maybe they found someone just as good or close to it.
I believe the guy who made these CBC HNIC montages was Tim Thompson. He always did such a good job of matching the action to the lyrics of the song.

I guess Sportsnet adopted the tradition and has continued it admirably.

^Still my all time favourite.

Last night's was fantastic as well.

The 2010 Playoffs ending montage is my favourite as well and I absolutely love "Tonight, Tonight" by the Smashing Pumpkins.

A few personal highlights for me in the montage:

-Every line of dialogue uttered by Bob Cole, the best play-by-play voice of all-time.

-Jonathan Quick entering through a flimsy castle set almost demolishing the torch on the wall as he pushes the door aside, for some weird reason I always find this little detail funny.

-Jean Beliveau giving Glen Metropolit a few words of encouragement.

-The lucky kid Tuukka Rask, 13 years old from Savonlinna, Finland, chosen among many eager young hockey fans to stand alongside the Bruins players on the ice for the national anthems.

-Craig Anderson's 51 save shutout in game 3 against the Sharks, the best goaltending performance you'll ever see.

-Dustin Byfugliens swagger and Dustin Byfuglien in general.

-Penguin sinner about to confess looking for absolution from the Canadiens priest.

-The lil' broad street bully.

A shame the otherwise memorable and dramatic 2010 playoffs had to end with the Blackhawks tainted win.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I believe the guy who made these CBC HNIC montages was Tim Thompson. He always did such a good job of matching the action to the lyrics of the song.

The 2010 Playoffs ending montage is my favourite as well and I absolutely love "Tonight, Tonight" by the Smashing Pumpkins.

A few personal highlights for me in the montage:

-Every line of dialogue uttered by Bob Cole, the best play-by-play voice of all-time.

-Jonathan Quick entering through a flimsy castle set almost demolishing the torch on the wall as he pushes the door aside, for some weird reason I always find this little detail funny.

-Jean Beliveau giving Glen Metropolit a few words of encouragement.

-The lucky kid Tuukka Rask, 13 years old from Savonlinna, Finland, chosen among many eager young hockey fans to stand alongside the Bruins players on the ice for the national anthems.

-Craig Anderson's 51 save shutout in game 3 against the Sharks, the best goaltending performance you'll ever see.

-Dustin Byfugliens swagger and Dustin Byfuglien in general.

-Penguin sinner about to confess looking for absolution from the Canadiens priest.

-The lil' broad street bully.

A shame the otherwise memorable and dramatic 2010 playoffs had to end with the Blackhawks tainted win.

The goal cellys from Doan, Savard and Byfuglien all awesome. :laugh:

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I guess Sportsnet adopted the tradition and has continued it admirably.

^Still my all time favourite.

Last night's was fantastic as well.

I like this one, but I am biased.

These are my two favourites.
As discussed in the thread, and based on the style, I guess it's the same guy who did these ones.

Do really well capture the emotions and excitement together with the music and cuts. A special skill to be able to do this.

And tons of nostalgia connected to these now.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad