GDT: #CauseWinning: Canes @ Rongos Game 2 ("7pm" on ESPN)

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
It's been our Achilles Heel for a long time, not just the playoffs...it's why we can outshoot our opponents 40-20 and lose 4-2 because when we f*** up, we REALLY F*CK UP! We don't always allow many chances, but damn the ones we do are almost all grade-As in some games. Like the Boston game a few weeks ago where Burns COMPLETELY ABANDONED Pasta to go cover *checks notes* Danton Heinen? Allowing Pasta to just skate from the side of the net out front to roof one point blank.

Yea, especially the way we ended the season things were really starting to click with that first line basically all being PPG guys...we were really rolling. But every year we hit the playoffs and we seem to just sputter along and forget everything we were doing well. Our PP is lifeless, our PK goes full-struggle, we overpass...maybe we just get over-focused on trying too hard? We always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot, we don't even need the other team to "beat" us, we usually do a lot of the heavy lifting for them.

I'm telling you...it's a major major brain cramp. It seems like when the playoffs roll around this team forgets how to play; forgets what has made them successful during the regular season.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Sometimes I hate being a diehard fan. Never have missed watching a Canes playoff game in their history. Just got offered a free ticket to the Foo Fighters tonight, one of my favorite bands. Turned the ticket down. I feel dumb. Please don’t make me feel more dumb tonight Canes.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Sometimes I hate being a diehard fan. Never have missed watching a Canes playoff game in their history. Just got offered a free ticket to the Foo Fighters tonight, one of my favorite bands. Turned the ticket down. I feel dumb. Please don’t make me feel more dumb tonight Canes.
You should have taped this one.

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
PLAYOFFS

START

TONIGHT!!

IMG_0060.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad