Caufield 16G in his last 18GP

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Because he had Markov and Subban feeding him off the rush. IIRC, the duo combined for assists on more than 60% of Pac's goals in the time we had both Ds in the lineup.

It makes sense. Pacioretty was clinical in transition, and the guys you mentioned were excellent at long passes in transition. Petry was decent at it as well.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
DeBrincat 2.0
Nope. Debrincat is a one-timer master who needs feeds and a goalie laterally scrambling for position to score, and scores a lot on the powerplay. Caufield is a master at wrist shots who scores mostly at even-strenght, often while carrying the puck, which is something Cat doesn't do nearly as regularly.

Caufield has the tools to score more goals than Cat.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Nope. Debrincat is a one-timer master who needs feeds and a goalie laterally scrambling for position to score, and scores a lot on the powerplay. Caufield is a master at wrist shots who scores mostly at even-strenght, often while carrying the puck, which is something Cat doesn't do nearly as regularly.

Caufield has the tools to score more goals than Cat.
Yup. Very different players. Cat scores and is no fun to play against. He has meanness to his game. Caufield can score.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
I'm not sure how sustainable his 31% shooting percentage is this year, but I'm here for it.
I think healthy Cole can shoot 15ish with consistency. That's usually about the mark for a guy with an elite shot. At that rate the rest of the way, on his current average of 3 SOG per night, that would have him finish with 42 goals.

The real question is whether or not Montreal as a team can stop getting caved in every night. That's probably the biggest hinderance to his goal scoring right now.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
We really need to stop with these “streak” threads which combine the ending of one regular season with the beginning of that next regular season. Such a sham

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We really need to stop with these “streak” threads which combine the ending of one regular season with the beginning of that next regular season. Such a sham

The point of the thread is not to pretend Caufield will maintain this pace, but to illustrate that he's back to his previous ways, before his shoulder surgery.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He's pretty much a lock for 50 in 50 and 70+ goals this year. If you disagree then bro you just don't know hockey bro, cope harder bro. Weird take bro.

Reactions: overlords

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Guy has great goal scoring ability, we all saw it when he was a prospect, he dropped way too far in the draft, I threw some shit when the Flyers drafted York, even though he's been a decent steady dman. None of this is really suprising to me. Every team needs size sure, but the "size" factoring in to real talented guys dropping in the draft is becoming ridiculous, we don't live in the clutch n grab era anymore, when will GM's just realize this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad