Value of: Carter Hart

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
In 2022 Vanecek and a 2nd returned an earlier 2nd and a 3rd, Georgiev returned 2 3rds and a 5th, Husso returned a 3rd, and Talbot returned a goalie prospect.
Hart is way better then Georgiev though

Husso the trade was for his rights

The goalie prospect Minny got is one of the best goalie this season

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Hart is way better then Georgiev though

Husso the trade was for his rights

The goalie prospect Minny got is one of the best goalie this season
Hart and Georgiev prior to being traded have had comparable numbers. Georgiev had a .917, .910, .905 and .898 season (I'm not counting his 10 games of .918 in 17-18), Hart has had a .917, .914, .877, .905 and a .909 so far this season. Harts started more games, but otherwise they are a pretty good comp. The big difference being Georgiev wanted to be traded, and NY had Shesterkin we don't know what Hart wants.

Hindsight is 20/20 on Gustavsson. He had promise, and was decent in the AHL, but hadn't shown much in the NHL to that point.

Point was, there are more examples of goalies being traded for mediocre returns than there are examples of goalies being traded for 1st round picks ++. Pointing to a single goalie return as the value of another when there are numerous other examples of goalies receiving far less is setting yourself up for disappointment if a trade were to happen, which in the case of Hart is doubtful anyway. Even if they rebuild he's young enough that he can be built around.

Reactions: Tatanka

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I wouldn’t be so quick to trade Carter Hart.

Sam Ersson has only started in 7 NHL games 6-0, Hart was charged with loss in Ersson’s debut against Carolina when the Canes put 5 goals against Sam.

In 6 or Ersson’s wins, three of those games were 2 wins against Anaheim and 1 win against San Jose, not exactly world beating teams.

The other 3 teams Ersson has wins against Los Angeles, Buffalo and Calgary.

I wanna see how Ersson handles some adversity before even contemplating trading Carter Hart.
All but one are road wins.
Future wins-losses will not mean much to me considering the team in front of him. The way he handles himself will mean more.
not sure how the last Calgary game isnt a good sign: 3 clean breakaways, 1 of them 2 on 0. Stopped all 3. Even if it would have ended up a loss, it would have been a fine outing.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Just checked recent Goals saved against expected stat. Pretty sure most here would not say Hart is top 10 in the league. Well he is 8th.
overall Hart to me is around 10-12th in all goalies with room to grow as he is 24.
He is 3 months older than Swayman.
Best goalies Sorokin, Shesterkin, Oettinger, Gustavsson, Saros all 27.
Thing is philly will not be ready by the time Hart gets to 27 hence the trade option.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
If Samsonov doesn't pan out for the Leafs, I'd love to get Hart in the off-season. 1st round pick +

I'd trade a 2nd + prospect for him today.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
If Samsonov doesn't pan out for the Leafs, I'd love to get Hart in the off-season. 1st round pick +

I'd trade a 2nd + prospect for him today.
Samsonov already is a good deal for Leafs. Should resign him.
I dont see a c or rd prospect on Leafs that would be enough to trade Hart for along with 2026 2nd (no 2nd round available before…)
Hart would be traded to Western team

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Samsonov already is a good deal for Leafs. Should resign him.
I dont see a c or rd prospect on Leafs that would be enough to trade Hart for along with 2026 2nd (no 2nd round available before…)
Hart would be traded to Western team
Sorry, brain fart.. thought we still had one this year that we actually moved for Giordano last year.

Samsonov hasn't shown the consistency that Hart has so far.

Reactions: JRichard

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Prefacing with: The Philadelphia hockey team (mostly Fletcher) doesn't have the guts to trade him. But given their dire roster/cap situation and the likelihood that they have an equally talented young starter in Sam Ersson, they probably should entertain it.

There are a number of decent teams out there seeking good goaltending. Hart is 24 and has one more year signed at $3.979m. He still has one more RFA summer in 2024 after the current deal expires (should be an interesting summer for goalie prices).

He is about as good as advertised, a technically sound goalie capable of stealing multiple games per season. Occasionally has a total dud, but much less frequently than he pitches a gem. The only thing keeping the dismal Flyers out of the bottom 5 this season has been Carter Hart.

So, the pros: He's really good, he's really young, he's likely not done developing, and he has 2+ more years of team control.

The cons: He's probably due a big raise in 2024, his team deflates his stats, occasionally has a real bad game.

Interested to see what folks think his current value is in a trade.
If Philly want to trade him wait until the end of playoff.
Teams who theirs goalie choke will be interest and pay the big price for him

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
If Philly want to trade him wait until the end of playoff.
Teams who theirs goalie choke will be interest and pay the big price for him
If price is picks-prospects, not sure what the point is in waiting after the po and paying a bigger price, looking at it from perspective of teams going in the po with shaky goalie situation (thinking of LA as example).
West is « weak » ( 0 top 6 and 5/6 bottom 6) and crowded on top, a little improvement could mean much.

If the pick is a 2nd, the prospect(s) better be very promising to deal Hart even after the season.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm not sure why Philly would consider trading him. To get a replacement, they would have to pay more than what Hart is paying now. He's playing well, and aside from a few struggles in the last couple of seasons, has always looked like a future star to me.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm not sure why Philly would consider trading him. To get a replacement, they would have to pay more than what Hart is paying now. He's playing well, and aside from a few struggles in the last couple of seasons, has always looked like a future star to me.

It really doesn't matter right now. For one thing, they suck and are in a horrible place with the cap and they won't be anything close to a contender for years. For another, goaltending is usually the last piece of the puzzle for a contending team.

You trade him if you're serious about rebuilding and you can get a return that would help further that effort. A great goalie on a team without a single noteworthy center or defenseman is a wasted asset. There's a contract due next summer, are you better off with two promising position prospects or a $7m goalie? And in the meantime you're probably wrecking his body and confidence asking him to face 40 shots a night behind an awful defense.

I think there's a decent chance he becomes the goalie he's hyped to be. I think there's 0 chance that happens in Philly. Which is what makes a trade intriguing: you're not offering up a lightly-used Cam Talbot, you're offering a 24 year old who might have a career like Fleury ahead of him.

(and if Ersson can maintain anything close to his early performance in the league, you don't really have to go looking for a replacement at all, though that's a big if)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
Something around Demko I could see happening if the Canucks are retooling.

Myers and Demko for Provorov and Hart. Myers expires next year and you could get a piece at the deadline, frees up $6 million in Cap space after next year. Canucks buyout OEL to make room for Provorov.

Demko plays in the states being American and Hart in Canada being Canadian. Provorov fits our newfound Russian connection in Van.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
It really doesn't matter right now. For one thing, they suck and are in a horrible place with the cap and they won't be anything close to a contender for years. For another, goaltending is usually the last piece of the puzzle for a contending team.

You trade him if you're serious about rebuilding and you can get a return that would help further that effort. A great goalie on a team without a single noteworthy center or defenseman is a wasted asset. There's a contract due next summer, are you better off with two promising position prospects or a $7m goalie? And in the meantime you're probably wrecking his body and confidence asking him to face 40 shots a night behind an awful defense.

I think there's a decent chance he becomes the goalie he's hyped to be. I think there's 0 chance that happens in Philly. Which is what makes a trade intriguing: you're not offering up a lightly-used Cam Talbot, you're offering a 24 year old who might have a career like Fleury ahead of him.

(and if Ersson can maintain anything close to his early performance in the league, you don't really have to go looking for a replacement at all, though that's a big if)
Disagree some here.
Under Tortorella Philly is not bleeding shots at all. They are exactly middle of the pack same shot against per game as Tampa and dallas.
They cant score, thats true.
Hart will get 7 on his next long-term contract.

Something around Demko I could see happening if the Canucks are retooling.

Myers and Demko for Provorov and Hart. Myers expires next year and you could get a piece at the deadline, frees up $6 million in Cap space after next year. Canucks buyout OEL to make room for Provorov.

Demko plays in the states being American and Hart in Canada being Canadian. Provorov fits our newfound Russian connection in Van.
Seems to me Philly get the 2 worst players in that deal. And 2 oldest ones too. Quick no From me.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bumping up a one year old thread?

IMG_5521.gif

Also, would advise not to make any new ones in regards to the five recent names you know, named. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: LemonSauceD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad