Value of: Cart Hart to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Oilers first is in the teens and Hart has been sinking Philly 2 years in a row now

Why would his numbers improve in Edmonton if Phillys defense is as good as they claim it to be?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That Oiler first rounder though… seems like tempting fate/putting all your eggs in one basket.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Flyers are in free fall right now and may need to rebuild (or at least retool) with Giroux soon heading out the door.

Obviously Philadelphia doesn’t have to move Hart at all, so the Oilers would have to overpay, but Carter’s an Edmonton native and his contract makes him a valuable trade asset.

Would something like this be of interest to Flyers fans?

:edmonton

Cooper Marody (Originally a Flyers draft pick, currently PPG in the AHL)
Tyson Barrie (replacement for Ristolainen and/or Braun on the right side. Can be flipped but included here for cap purposes. Kassian is an alternative)
Stuart Skinner (up and coming goalie with solid NHL numbers this year)
2022 1st round pick

:flyers

Carter Hart
Dude. Wut???

Flyers counteroffer:

Holloway
Broberg
Konovalov

for Carter Hart

That's a more fair offer

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Actually, last i heard, he was doing horrible just like last year. However, following a few comments to what i posted earlier, I looked at his numbers; if you look past the record, its pretty solid and certainly better than last year. Probably not any sense in sending him down after all
He's been much improved after his anomaly (for his entire hockey career) year last year.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
They're losing 3 of their current top 6 to free agency.

I get it, but why would they see Barrie as having considerable trade value? Oilers we’re the high bidder in UFA in the offseason, and I’m not sure he’s done much to improve his value this year.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Oilers first is in the teens and Hart has been sinking Philly 2 years in a row now

Why would his numbers improve in Edmonton if Phillys defense is as good as they claim it to be?

I’m not a Flyers fan, but I don’t get the impression that Hart has sunk the team this year.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Carter has 3 of the worst defensemen in the league in front of him. He is probably the only reason they aren't in last with the Coyotes (although they should be probably trying to fight for last). That package is terrible. Realistically, you're going to trade a first for an old goalie. The end.

Edmonton defence is just as bad .

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
If the Flyers trade Hart, you can basically surmise they're going full rebuild. Goaltending was one of their biggest headaches for a decade (a mirror of both Calgary and Edmonton). I think it's unlikely they trade Hart at all.

But IMO if the Oilers realize Hart can shake free (again, considered unlikely) and are going rebuild, they should be targeting a much bigger deal from Philly IMO for rounding out their overall depth and guarantee 2-3 seasons of contention with McDrai. Oilers have plenty of blue chips to make it happen and if they target players with term, they can afford to sell more than half the farm to make it work.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Dude. Wut???

Flyers counteroffer:

Holloway
Broberg
Konovalov

for Carter Hart

That's a more fair offer
Change Holloway to someone else and I'd consider it. Even our 1st would be fine. Still need to include some cap though, so have fun with Koskinen. :)

We'll trade you Barrie in the summer instead of now.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
god no. Hart is one of a very few untouchables on the Flyers.

he's not going anywhere

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
I think Hart could use time in the minors, but i dont think he is a bust as #1. Just needs some confidence back.
That being said, Hart's value is low now so the offer here is way too much. Not even sure if it's even in value when Hart looked like the real deal
is this a joke

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
I had to wonder if this was a serious post. Carter Hart is one of the bright spots in Philadelphia. He doesn't need to go to the minors for anything. He is doing the best he can with our lovely team in front of him. Only goalie you are getting out of us is Martin Jones. And we aren't taking Cooper Marody back, we drafted the kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad