Value of: Cart Hart to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Flyers are in free fall right now and may need to rebuild (or at least retool) with Giroux soon heading out the door.

Obviously Philadelphia doesn’t have to move Hart at all, so the Oilers would have to overpay, but Carter’s an Edmonton native and his contract makes him a valuable trade asset.

Would something like this be of interest to Flyers fans?

:edmonton

Cooper Marody (Originally a Flyers draft pick, currently PPG in the AHL)
Tyson Barrie (replacement for Ristolainen and/or Braun on the right side. Can be flipped but included here for cap purposes. Kassian is an alternative)
Stuart Skinner (up and coming goalie with solid NHL numbers this year)
2022 1st round pick

:flyers

Carter Hart

Last edited:

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think Hart could use time in the minors, but i dont think he is a bust as #1. Just needs some confidence back.
That being said, Hart's value is low now so the offer here is way too much. Not even sure if it's even in value when Hart looked like the real deal

Reactions: TFHockey

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Isn't Hart still considered the chosen one to end the Flyers goaltending woes?
8edd8cbbcb26b05fdedb6f4d37e63f923d3c37aer1-500-210_hq.gif

Reactions: BillDineen

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Oiler say no.. way to much for Hart

I think Hart could use time in the minors, but i dont think he is a bust as #1. Just needs some confidence back.
That being said, Hart's value is low now so the offer here is way too much. Not even sure if it's even in value when Hart looked like the real deal

Updated the OP.

I think the Oilers will have to overpay a bit just because of their position but trying to gauge value here.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Kind of a kick in the gut to Stuart Skinner, trading out an edmonton boy to bring in an edmonton boy
Skinner has looked good in his limited time with the Oilers but he's too much of a risk to bank on next year with the team being in 'win-now' mode. Sending him to the Flyers gives them a goalie prospect that maybe matches their timeline a bit better.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

If Carter Hart needs to go back to the AHL, then all the Oilers goalies need to go back to the ECHL. He's the only reason the Flyers aren't getting blown out night after night. .912 save percentage and 2.87 gaa on a god awful team.

Ledge And Dairy

Hart has been one of the very few things working in Philly. Their defense is a complete mess without Ellis

Reactions: Boomstick

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think Hart learns anything in the minors, unless you're suggesting because the players aren't as good that he'll gain some confidence back.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I don't think Hart learns anything in the minors, unless you're suggesting because the players aren't as good that he'll gain some confidence back.

Actually, last i heard, he was doing horrible just like last year. However, following a few comments to what i posted earlier, I looked at his numbers; if you look past the record, its pretty solid and certainly better than last year. Probably not any sense in sending him down after all

Reactions: Dooble08

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Eh, maybe the value is there in that package… None of the pieces are very interesting, however

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I think the Flyers would ask for Puljujarvi and rightfully so. Can't see them moving Hart for bits and pieces.
Honestly I’d be tempted to do that, although I’m not sure if Philly is about to enter a rebuild, which might help determine what they’d be looking for.

I’d still rather move futures though just given our own McDrai timeline.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Ahh I see it was changed from Xavier Bourgault to Cooper Marody.....yeah definitely a no thanks.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Ahh I see it was changed from Xavier Bourgault to Cooper Marody.....yeah definitely a no thanks.

I only saw the offer with Marody which is why my first reaction was ewww, no way.

yeah first I added Bourgault but the response was that’s an overpay according to other Oilers fans. Switched to Marody and now it’s an underpay according to Flyers fans.

Maybe meet somewhere in the middle? I think the skeleton for a negotiation is there though.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Carter has 3 of the worst defensemen in the league in front of him. He is probably the only reason they aren't in last with the Coyotes (although they should be probably trying to fight for last). That package is terrible. Realistically, you're going to trade a first for an old goalie. The end.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Carter has 3 of the worst defensemen in the league in front of him. He is probably the only reason they aren't in last with the Coyotes (although they should be probably trying to fight for last). That package is terrible. Realistically, you're going to trade a first for an old goalie. The end.
Well he'd be right at home in Edmonton, both literally and metaphorically.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Not enough. Would the Flyers even want Barrie? I think the 1st is the only valuable piece in the deal, and I don't think they trade Hart for a 1st.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Kind of a kick in the gut to Stuart Skinner, trading out an edmonton boy to bring in an edmonton boy
Yeah, I'm fine with the value of the OP's trade, but I'd prefer to do something where we can keep Skinner as well.

1st round pick (top 10 protected)
Konovlov
Barrie
Marody is fine, but Philly likely wants a younger prospect. Upgrade to Lavoie to cover the spread in dropping from Skinner to Konovlov.

All of this really hinges on whether Hart is actually for trade though, and I have my doubts.

Reactions: IIxGURUxII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad