Waived: Carson Meyer waived by the Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Im thinking he prob played himself into a legit 1st call up if injuries happen

Maybe but they do still have 3 or 4 forwards to send down, not including Sennecke.

Of the 18F who remain on the camp roster, you have Sennecke who will be back in junior. 13F who I am pretty confident will be on the roster (in the order in which they appear on the updated roster) - Zegras, Fabbri, Strome, Killorn, Terry, Leason, Lundestrom, McTavish, McGinn, Johnston, Gauthier, Vatrano, Carlsson.

That leaves four guys in limbo - Gaucher, Harkins, Nesterenko and Colangelo remain in camp but without a sure path to a roster spot. They either need an injury to occur or need to force the team to either carry 14 F or make a decision on someone like Johnston/McGinn.

But unless they are looking at deeper factors such as maximizing the likelihood of Meyers clearing waivers, him being sent down first is perhaps a sign that they would give NHL looks to the three younger guys above before him.

I did see more from Meyers than Harkins but maybe the latter has shown more in his actual NHL games.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe but they do still have 3 or 4 forwards to send down, not including Sennecke.

Of the 18F who remain on the camp roster, you have Sennecke who will be back in junior. 13F who I am pretty confident will be on the roster (in the order in which they appear on the updated roster) - Zegras, Fabbri, Strome, Killorn, Terry, Leason, Lundestrom, McTavish, McGinn, Johnston, Gauthier, Vatrano, Carlsson.

That leaves four guys in limbo - Gaucher, Harkins, Nesterenko and Colangelo remain in camp but without a sure path to a roster spot. They either need an injury to occur or need to force the team to either carry 14 F or make a decision on someone like Johnston/McGinn.

But unless they are looking at deeper factors such as maximizing the likelihood of Meyers clearing waivers, him being sent down first is perhaps a sign that they would give NHL looks to the three younger guys above before him.

I did see more from Meyers than Harkins but maybe the latter has shown more in his actual NHL games.
Thats fair.

Tho i hope we arnt planning on dressing Johnston dude is complete dog shit.... doesnt bring anything to the team/roster. To me hes a wasted roster spot.

Mcginn... i wonder if maybe we could send him over to Columbus. I know Columbus wants to add a Vet forward... and they also need to add some cap in a reasonable amount of time. That being said i thought he was decent in the games hes played in this preseason.

Reactions: MCB

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
johnston and mcginn are both complete wastes of roster space

so naturally, they'll stay up while meyer doesn't

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad