Proposal: Carolina - Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Fair enough, nobody knows for sure what he may be asking. But if Francis and Trouba's agent were to talk and he's not willing to take less than Faulk, my point still stands and I wouldn't be interested. If he were indeed okay with less than that there's probably something the Canes would look and. My expansion draft concern would still be valid though.

That's 100% understandable. I have no doubt that he signs in the $5-$6 mil range. Any trade would be after a team talks to Trouba's agent.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
EDIT: i guess I overvalued Hanifan.

Hanifan, and Aho for Connor Trouba and a second

Value wise, I don't think it's terrible.

I view (long term value) Hanifin a bit more than Trouba. I view Aho and Connor similarly, although I think WPG fans give the slight edge to Connor and I thinks that's probably a fair assessment. Thing is, Carolina is not looking to move Aho and WPG is not looking to move Connor before either of these guys hit the NHL, so it's kind of dead in the water because of that.

Even with what us fans say, I really don't see the Canes moving any of their young D (Faulk, Slavin, Hanifin and probably even Pesce) this season, particularly for another D.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Counter:

Trouba + Connor
For
Hanifin + Julien Gauthier + 2nd

Counter

Trouba + Burmistrov
For
Hanifin.

My god is the OP proposal horrible. I know everyone says this a lot, but it has to be one of the worst proposals I have seen in a while. Just brutal

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Counter

Trouba + Burmistrov
For
Hanifin.

My god is the OP proposal horrible. I know everyone says this a lot, but it has to be one of the worst proposals I have seen in a while. Just brutal

Not a Canes fan.

I don't see Canes giving up Hanifin without finding a way to bring in an offensive upgrade as well. Burmistrov doesn't do much for them. Canes already have a ton of middle-6 talent.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I don't see a proposal here that should interest the Canes, even as lopsided in the Canes favor as they may be. None of them make the Canes better today or in the future...Trouba is an expensive-to-acquire and unneeded asset.

Connor is interesting but I wouldn't give up Hanifin for him, don't know if any of our other available D assets (because Faulk isn't available for so little) are sufficient, and adding Aho makes acquiring Connor pointless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad