GDT: Carolina @ Tampa Bay 8 PM EDT USA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
So, I suppose McCormick is coming back in for Foegele….spicy.
DeliciousHelpfulBoutu-size_restricted.gif

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
lol props to you guys who keep a level head throughout. I'm still a DieHard who wears his heart on his sleeve and used to all my teams disappointing me, so I shitpost during games. It's definitely a bad look for the most part but sometimes I can't help myself.

Ultimately we all want the same thing though so I try not let to these discussions devolve into who's a real fan and whatnot.
As a guest of this Board, and several others, I can attest to your Fan experience. I hope it’s okay to say that do not believe in “Gate Keepers” on HF, in regards to who can be a fan.

I admit that I find it difficult to read negative comments and I have a real problem with Members who repeatedly attack Players in a personal manner (not suggesting that you have).

Kudos to you for acknowledging your style of fandom and the way it comes across. It doesn’t mean you love the Team any less, you simply express it in a different way. I think it’s great that you reminded everyone here of that.

FWIW, my 15 year old Ginger daughter is cheering for the Canes as well. She texted me after the OT goal, very excited! Loves the Jets with me too.
64F6ACD9-6491-4562-9AA7-AED31F0255B7.gif

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Honestly I think he's still nursing something.. or he's pissed at being Sat.. /shrug
Maybe Trocheck can go after a bit more rest, who knows. I mean, there’s zero chance they put Suzuki in there, so either McCormick or Shore.

Paquette certainly has been worthless
I think he's actually been healthy since sometime last series. At least from Rod's comments.

But even before his injury he only had maybe 2-3 games where he looked like he belonged. He just ain't that good unfortunately, and it appears now that he already has a Cup he doesn't have the drive he might have had before. He's living off that and his vet reputation alone. But McCormick was better in 1/3 the games.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I’ll eat some crow on Bean tonight.

He looked good. Poised. He still needs to chug protein shakes and spend 23 hrs a day in the weight room this summer: Could just be him
playing with Pesce, but I’ll say I was pleasantly surprised.
Bean is a NHL d-man. The questions are whether he'll be a top 4 guy and what team he'll be playing for the next few years.

I think with the right partner he'd be fine in a top 4 role but he's not going to supplant Skjei this postseason and Hakanpaa is barely playing like a replacement level d-man next to him right now so it's no surprise Bean isn't exactly shining every night.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Great to see them win! Now it's a series again.

I hated to see the Canes miraculously get a 2 goal led only to let Tampa score 2 times in a row.

Also, let's hope these injuries stop if we want to do much more in the playoffs this year.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Bean is a NHL d-man. The questions are whether he'll be a top 4 guy and what team he'll be playing for the next few years.

I think with the right partner he'd be fine in a top 4 role but he's not going to supplant Skjei this postseason and Hakanpaa is barely playing like a replacement level d-man next to him right now so it's no surprise Bean isn't exactly shining every night.

A bottom-pair guy looking "replacement level" against a freakishly-loaded Tampa squad is to be expected. Heck, slightly above replacement-level play is what we've needed on the right side of our bottom-pair, and Hakanpaa's basically provided this. It's a more difficult commodity to find league-wide than you might think. Having Bean and Fleury being below-replacement on their off-hand wasn't cutting it vs. a Tampa+Kucherov, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad