GDT: Carolina Panthers 5: Young and the Restless Fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Bryce Young is garbo.

This team is listless on offence. I bet you fantasy owners are streaming whatever defenses face the Panthers on any given week.

Lucky to win 2 games this season as long as Young is at QB. I wanted Stroud and know that he more than likely wouldn't have been nearly as successful as he's been in Houston had the Panthers chose him at 1, but still.

Does anybody think that Young would have been taken at 2 if he was there?

Just a colossal mistake pick to make after giving up what they did to move up. Absolutely f***ing abysmal.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Browns did an 0fer under Hugh Jackson but it wasn't his fault so I dont know if that counts

Right! How could I forget about the Browns and their 4000 quarterbacks? Swap out the Colts for them.

Also just read an article that called the Panthers "unserious." Such a damning term. :laugh:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Bryce Young is garbo.

This team is listless on offence. I bet you fantasy owners are streaming whatever defenses face the Panthers on any given week.

Lucky to win 2 games this season as long as Young is at QB. I wanted Stroud and know that he more than likely wouldn't have been nearly as successful as he's been in Houston had the Panthers chose him at 1, but still.

Does anybody think that Young would have been taken at 2 if he was there?

Just a colossal mistake pick to make after giving up what they did to move up. Absolutely f***ing abysmal.
regardless of Young vs Stroud, I still don't think the Panthers should have been taking either one of them. That's the kind of move you make when you're one or two guys at most away from competing. The Panthers were a good 3-4 years away, best case, when they made that trade. Now they're probably a decade away because that trade set them back THAT MUCH.

No o-line, no receivers (their best one was traded in that disaster), CMac forced his way out with how putrid the team was and I can't blame him one damn bit. It should be a good 3-4 seasons before they even think about taking another QB in the first unless they somehow trade their way into a second first rounder somehow, and even then. Of course if there's some Cam Newton/Andrew Luck/Joe Burrow level talent that changes the equation a bit, but there's just not this year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
regardless of Young vs Stroud, I still don't think the Panthers should have been taking either one of them. That's the kind of move you make when you're one or two guys at most away from competing. The Panthers were a good 3-4 years away, best case, when they made that trade. Now they're probably a decade away because that trade set them back THAT MUCH.

No o-line, no receivers (their best one was traded in that disaster), CMac forced his way out with how putrid the team was and I can't blame him one damn bit. It should be a good 3-4 seasons before they even think about taking another QB in the first unless they somehow trade their way into a second first rounder somehow, and even then. Of course if there's some Cam Newton/Andrew Luck/Joe Burrow level talent that changes the equation a bit, but there's just not this year.
YES

All of this. The dumbest thing that teams do is try and win before they are ready, and the only way you can ensure you are ready is by having a good OL. I don't care how good your QB is, if he's constantly running for his life, you're going to lose. You look at everyone who has played in the Super Bowl, at least over the last 20 years or so, and its all bolstered by good offensive line play. If you have an OL who can give a QB time, you can win a title with even some of the worst QBs out there (hello, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, 2015 Peyton Manning and Nick Foles), or at least get to the SB (hello, Brock Purdy and Jake Delhomme).

What Tepper did by coming in and mandating that trade to give up mulitple 1sts for a guy who was coming in with no support shows that he learned absolutely nothing from his time in Pittsburgh.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
12605294.jpeg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Novacane and DaveG

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I don't follow college football or NFL draft prospects any more whatsoever but I see there is a Cam Ward QB prospect making some waves. Sign me up for some more Cam Ward in NC, maybe he can do the unthinkable and overcome the Tepper stink to bring this franchise out of the gutter.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I don't follow college football or NFL draft prospects any more whatsoever but I see there is a Cam Ward QB prospect making some waves. Sign me up for some more Cam Ward in NC, maybe he can do the unthinkable and overcome the Tepper stink to bring this franchise out of the gutter.
trade down to #8 and absolutely butt f*** someone for their next years first and their top receiver as well, and take him there. Preferably the Raiders because f*** the Raiders

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
We're going to pick Shadeur Sanders aren't we? At least at Colorado he's already used to scrambling for his life so he'll fit in nicely here.

I'm even more pissed because Travis Hunter is the real deal and will be a star in the league and we can't take him because we need a QB that badly.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We're going to pick Shadeur Sanders aren't we? At least at Colorado he's already used to scrambling for his life so he'll fit in nicely here.

I'm even more pissed because Travis Hunter is the real deal and will be a star in the league and we can't take him because we need a QB that badly.
QB is the last thing the Panthers need. Not because they don't need a QB, but because they have literally nothing to put him around. Ideally they'd take Hunter or Mykel Williams and just go out and sign some scrub like Trubisky or Pickett for a year to be a tank commander.

But more to the point Sanders is just Bryce Young with the added benefit of being a toxic personality if everything coming out of the CU camp is true.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad