GDT: Carolina Panthers 5: Young and the Restless Fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
This franchise is still years away from playing meaningful football.

20240908_174614.jpg

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
True story. My high school football team was so bad that our kickoff & first drive chant was “We’re not losing! *clap clap clap* We’re not losing! *clap clap clap*”. I think we had something like a 32 game losing streak? Our football team finally snapped the losing streak my senior year against a team that had lost 16 in a row. Us students stormed the field like we had won the championship. Was incredible.

We may need to break out that chant at Panthers games.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Dalton in... Why? Bryce needs the reps
I don't care how many reps he gets. Bryce Young is not now and never will be an NFL quarterback. I'd love to be proven wrong, but he has yet to look comfortable even making simple throws, making reads, and doing any of that at pace. His arm is weak, he's small, and he's not particularly fast.

Pro tip: Don't draft Alabama quarterbacks, at least from the Nick Saban era. They had the best offensive line talent, the best wide receiver corps, and a running game that took the pressure off of the quarterback.

But as I said, what I saw yesterday looked like a regression from Young. If I was the coach, I'd tell him his next game is an audition for the starting job going forward. Or just bench him and make him watch from the sidelines. Demote him to the practice squad and bring Plummer up to back up Dalton. Add to this that we haven't had a running game since I can remember. It is just so sad....and Tepper wants Charlotte to pony up for a new stadium. f*** him and his ego with a rusty tire iron.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Pro tip: Don't draft Alabama quarterbacks, at least from the Nick Saban era. They had the best offensive line talent, the best wide receiver corps, and a running game that took the pressure off of the quarterback.

But as I said, what I saw yesterday looked like a regression from Young. If I was the coach, I'd tell him his next game is an audition for the starting job going forward. Or just bench him and make him watch from the sidelines. Demote him to the practice squad and bring Plummer up to back up Dalton. Add to this that we haven't had a running game since I can remember. It is just so sad....and Tepper wants Charlotte to pony up for a new stadium. f*** him and his ego with a rusty tire iron.

TRUE: Greg McElroy (2011), A.J. McCarron (2014), Mac Jones (2021), Bryce Young (2023)

FALSE: Tua Tagovailoa (2020), Jalen Hurts (2020)

(Ok, Hurts finished at Oklahoma, but spent three years at Bama.)

So two up and four down. That's probably a pretty good ratio, actually. (Also, why do I feel like I'm channeling BBA here?)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Doesn't translate for everyone but among the reasons guys like Brees, Rivers, Mahomes find success in the NFL is because they didn't have 5 star O-lines/WRs.

Like I imagine when Mahomes first played, he probably was like "oh yeah, this is much better than Texas Tech, I can work with this".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad