GDT: carfly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Schrodinger's Directive.
giphy.gif

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I unironically love having 4th line Svech.

We'd been penciling in like TT, maybe Bunting, etc. to go down there when fully healthy. But those guys aren't enough to make a line by themselves. Meanwhile, they are enough to compliment Aho, Necas, Jarvis.

Svech, on the other hand, yes makes a 1st or 2nd line better but really makes a 4th line better. Plus, no confusion. SAT - who is the line driver, Aho or Svech? Meanwhile, Svech-Drury-Noesen, man, Drury and Noesen know their job and know it well - play off of Svech.

I'm all for continuing this experiment while he's getting healthier and stronger, but frankly I'd kinda be ok with it for an extended stretch even after he's 100%.

There's no way that flying cars will be viable with human pilots. The skill required to fly safely enough won't scale. AI piloting skills will continue to improve exponentially. Human piloting skills surely will not.

PS: the FAA is already prepped for this and expecting self piloting vehicles by 2028. Flying Cars Will Need A Human Pilot, Operate Mostly Like Helicopters Until 2028, FAA Says | Carscoops

I'm perfectly fine saying a helicopter a flying car and calling it a day. We don't need more.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
reminds me of the time I was riding with a friend and he noticed a spider on the windshield as we were about to enter 64 in Apex heading west (pre 540). Well, he wanted to see how fast he had to go before the thing flew off. He got nailed by a cop around the time we hit 95.

Yeah, damn thing was still on his windshield, he told the cop and pointed the spider out, somehow he got out of a ticket because the cop started cracking up and said "that's too dumb to be made up".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad