Player Discussion Carey Price - Spring Savings Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That Price interview on SN was hilarious. This guy has ice in his veins. I can’t believe how calm and cool he is under pressure. This guy stole the series for us and this guy has somehow topped his 2014 play. Unbelievable. I’m never giving him shit again.

Reactions: nicehiss and BLONG7

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Congratulations/Felicitations!
to Carey Price and the Montreal Canadiens! Carey stole this series. Carey has been an inspiration to me as a goaltender. Montreal and their fans deserve to move forward to the next round. They have more fans that can actually attend the games and enjoy them. Without the fans, the game is not as exciting and it means more for the city to be able to attend the games and enjoy a deep playoff run. Does not make sense for Toronto, since Toronto is a great sports city yet cannot truly express itself the way we usually do by having mass public gatherings downtown or even attend games the way they are doing in America. I also like Montreal as a city more than Toronto. They are more friendly and Quebec have a great and unique culture that has been preserved to this day. I will be cheering for Montreal, Canada's Team.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
This is my dude. Go through these threads I always have his back since the Halak days and he simply never lets us down in the playoffs.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
"hAlAk WoUlD hAvE cLoSeD tHe LeAfS oUt In SiX tHoUgH!!!"

We don't forget....

will likely be the first Habs player to have his jersey retired that didn't win a cup. that's an indictement on the organisation, not him.

Reactions: Censored Toad

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He deserves to have his jersey retired, because he's been a great leader and a good role model, and a very underrated player. Exemplary under pressure.

He is a worthy continuation of the great lineage of Montreal Canadiens goalies, from Georges Vézina all the way up to today.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
One of the most dominant playoff series by a goalie in recent memory. Literally game breaking talent, it’s a beauty to watch him play at his peak.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Second year in a row he leads us to a massive upset.

As I've been saying... go get a couple of good blueliners. We might actually be able to win something.

Reactions: tooji

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m very grateful to be able to witness this run. I didn’t think his 2013-2015 play could be matched, but he’s topping it. This is the type of player you tell younger generations about who didn’t have a chance to take in what he did, whether he wins a Stanley Cup or not.

Reactions: Michelangelo

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He deserves to have his jersey retired, because he's been a great leader and a good role model, and a very underrated player. Exemplary under pressure.

He is a worthy continuation of the great lineage of Montreal Canadiens goalies, from Georges Vézina all the way up to today.
Honestly, he probably will get his jersey retired. I think if there was any doubt on him going to the HOF, it's gone now. This was a huge upset. Second year in a row he's done it. And he's got at least three huge upsets to his career now. There aren't many players who are as impactful as he is in the NHL. He has the ability to elevate teams from mediocre to great and bad to bubble. And we've seen what he does in the playoffs. Not many players in the league can do that.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
only way this could have gone more perfect is if we could have got price the shut out, but tonight I really can’t be too greedy.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Honestly, he probably will get his jersey retired. I think if there was any doubt on him going to the HOF, it's gone now. This was a huge upset. Second year in a row he's done it. And he's got at least three huge upsets to his career now. There aren't many players who are as impactful as he is in the NHL. He has the ability to elevate teams from mediocre to great and bad to bubble. And we've seen what he does in the playoffs. Not many players in the league can do that.

I agree completely.

For the sake of perspective, let's imagine Carey Price is our goalie in the 1950's, 1960's or 1970's. I don't think we can confidently say we would win fewer Stanley Cups. I wouldn't put him at Plante's or Dryden's level (or Roy's), but he's not that far behind.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree completely.

For the sake of perspective, let's imagine Carey Price is our goalie in the 1950's, 1960's or 1970's. I don't think we can confidently say we would win fewer Stanley Cups. I wouldn't put him at Plante's or Dryden's level (or Roy's), but he's not that far behind.
Here's another question for you, how well would those guys have done behind the teams Price has been stuck behind? Look what happened with Roy when the team started going downhill... got totally lit up and stormed off after a loss to Detroit. None of those guys would've won cups with these teams.

Reactions: BenchBrawl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad