Player Discussion Carey Price - 2nd Baby Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Price plays the positioning game, he’s trying to anticipate if the shooter is going to shoot top middle or bottom before the shooter even makes a move.

he does?

seems to me like price makes the FIRST MOVE....not the shooter.....most of the time Price is on his knees before the shot is even taken

Reactions: Genesis76

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
This coming season is probably the most important in his career so far. Big contract to live up to following a terrible campaign. If he should falter early and the crowd gets on his case, he'll crumble like a house of cards.

if expecting this.....another flop of a season.....

however, he cant possibly be any worse then last season......can he?

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I`m interested to see if Antti Niemi can play as well as he did last year.

Price has had little competition in net since Halak was traded.

It could be a good thing if he`s pushed a bit, if he falters though...might be a good investment to use some of that $15 million this season to buy some industrial strength ear plugs.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
For the upcoming NHL 19:

4752E63B-9460-47F6-905C-B3C3FBE2580A.jpeg

I’m sure this will ruffle some feathers... well, one person at least anyways.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
For the upcoming NHL 19:

View attachment 136539

You know, on Career mode in NHL 18 i created a mew team. I then spent the first year playing with mediocre players vs the top cpu difficulty, we almost made it to the playoffs.

Then on the following free agency day i managed to sign carey price as a free agent.

Then what i did right away, i traded him for Eichel and Rainheart on a package deal, i think i added a 1st or 2 1sts. Then i signed another free agent goalie with 86 overall for like 3-4 mila/year.

Then next season we made it to the sc finals pr won the cup, i cant remember.

So point is, if your team suck and you have a carey price in your roster, trade him for 2 top players and you’re golden.

I then traded Eichel for PK to stabilise my defense.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You know, on Career mode in NHL 18 i created a mew team. I then spent the first year playing with mediocre players vs the top cpu difficulty, we almost made it to the playoffs.

Then on the following free agency day i managed to sign carey price as a free agent.

Then what i did right away, i traded him for Eichel and Rainheart on a package deal, i think i added a 1st or 2 1sts. Then i signed another free agent goalie with 86 overall for like 3-4 mila/year.

So point is, if your team suck and you have a carey price in your roster, trade him for 2 top players and you’re golden.

Why am I not surprised at all

Reactions: Genesis76

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
According to Pierre McGuire, because of taxes, the Habs would have had to pay Pacioretty $9.8 m+ to match the $7.0 million average per year contract he signed with Vegas.

This must have factored into Price`s salary.

The salary cap was supposed to level the playing field but there seems to be a different reality. More irony when the Habs help subsidize other teams with revenue sharing.

Habs may have to overpay to keep any major talent down the road.

Last edited:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
According to Pierre McGuire, because of taxes, the Habs would have had to pay Pacioretty $9.8 m+ to match the $7.0 million average per year contract he signed with Vegas.

This must have factored into Price`s salary.

The salary cap was supposed to level the playing field but there seems to be a different reality. More irony when the Habs help subsidize other teams with revenue sharing.

Habs may have to overpay to keep any major down the road.

... or find one that slept in Habs pyjamas when he was a kid.

Reactions: BLONG7

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Then what i did right away, i traded him for Eichel and Rainheart on a package deal, i think i added a 1st or 2 1sts.
Then i signed another free agent goalie with 86 overall for like 3-4 mila/year.

That's why I play EHM.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
... or find one that slept in Habs pyjamas when he was a kid.
The jammies factor.

The rumour was the Sharks offered more there too so I guess there is hope. Would have been nice to see the Jets keep Stastny but it was probably easy for Vegas to outbid them (with the taxes angle).

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
For the upcoming NHL 19:

View attachment 136539

Not really i decided to take Montreal this year.

What i did, traded Price for Eichel.
Traded Weber and Hudon for Dahlin
Then finished rock bottom for 2 years in a row and drafted the best LW and RW available.

I now have a top first line with franchise potential. My goalie sucks balls but thats ok, I traded for an up and coming young goalie who's at 79 overall already.

and i hired a few good free agents to cover the holes MB created in the D area.

In a year or 2 I will dominate the league again.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Not really i decided to take Montreal this year.

What i did, traded Price for Eichel.
Traded Weber and Hudon for Dahlin
Then finished rock bottom for 2 years in a row and drafted the best LW and RW available.

I now have a top first line with franchise potential. My goalie sucks balls but thats ok, I traded for an up and coming young goalie who's at 79 overall already.

and i hired a few good free agents to cover the holes MB created in the D area.

In a year or 2 I will dominate the league again.

Wasn't referring to you but that's ok :)

I haven't gotten NHL 19 yet, but in NHL 18 when I start a franchise mode with the Habs, other than Patches, Weber, Petry and Alzner, Price is usually gone by the 2019 or 2020 season. By this time, my team is pretty solid and I start racking up cup wins. By like 2021 to 2022, I'll have Dach and Kotkaniemi as my 1-2 up the middle, Cozens and Foote on my wings, Dahlin, Boqvist, Heiskanen and usually PK as my tip-4. My goalies have been Hart, Demko, Subban and Korpisalo in various franchise modes.

Sadly, it's just a video game. Real life Price package won't get me Demko and 2 years of #1 picks and 2nd rounders from Vancouver (which is how I last built my dynasty).

Reactions: nhlfan9191

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
How has Carey Price looked so far? I admit i've only gotten to follow training camp from a very, very high level, so i have no idea. I also know actual games don't mean squat in the pre-season, so not really interested in just results. But do we have any feeling/idea of what shape he's in based on how he's played, practice, based on how people are saying he looks?

Do we expect him to be in top shape this year? Does he look as bad as last year?

I'm still holding out hope that he's the best goalie in the world and will prove it once again this year. Would love some feedback on him so far at camp :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan