GDT: carbuf

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Another frustrating game, back to back with the Nashville loss. Really in both games we played well enough to win and had the lion's share of the scoring chances and the other team had the lion's share of the goals. The effort is outstanding. The finishing and goaltending are bad.

I predicted that we would take our foot off of the gas a bit in this last stretch. Perhaps that's what is happening as the players probably don't care as much as we do regarding seeding. Or perhaps they're in a rut confidence-wise.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Do they have the company president’s drop out kid producing the games lately or what?

The “Hurricanes Goal” graphic when nothing was going on was an absolute chef’s kiss.

Dunno what you're talking about. But I might have had my head buried in a laptop working on a package

Reactions: Tryamw

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I’ll put a positive spin on this:

Enough people are losing their minds on social media to illicit a response from Gold, etc and they are literally still control their own destiny to win their 3rd straight division title .

And people are apoplectic.

6 years ago no one outside of probably 1/2 of the people on this board gave a flying f*** about this team.

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I’ll put a positive spin on this:

Enough people are losing their minds on social media to illicit a response from Gold, etc and they are literally still control their own destiny to win their 3rd straight division title .

And people are apoplectic.

6 years ago no one outside of probably 1/2 of the people on this board gave a flying f*** about this team.
I was about to say it sounds like Yankees fans griping in this fandom. I guess that’s what comes with sustained success. Even as a Yankees fan I am usually more “well, at least we’re in it every year”, which probably puts me in the minority there, too. :: shrug ::

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Anyone care to talk me into believing we aren't heading to a first round exit this season (even if we hold onto the slim 1 point division lead) I just don't think we have the firepower down Patches and Scech.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Anyone care to talk me into believing we aren't heading to a first round exit this season (even if we hold onto the slim 1 point division lead) I just don't think we have the firepower down Patches and Scech.
We managed the Islanders just find a few games ago. One of the few teams that isn’t likely to blow us out of the water offensively.

WhiteTiger

Hockey Jesus
May 6, 2014
internationalhockeywiki.com
Not many NHL teams (probably none) could withstand losing two of their top goal scorers. I think the Canes with a healthy Patches and Svech would’ve had as good a chance as any non-Boston team of making it out of the East. Injury bug simply bit hard this year, and now the major question is whether they win one series or none.

That said, the power play has been bad for years, and I wanted to see it overhauled after last season. Hopefully it finally gets a shakeup this off-season.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I was about to say it sounds like Yankees fans griping in this fandom. I guess that’s what comes with sustained success. Even as a Yankees fan I am usually more “well, at least we’re in it every year”, which probably puts me in the minority there, too. :: shrug ::

I'm a Yankees fan and I think they are as much of a disgrace as this team. Loading up a roster with guys who either hit a home run or strike out is great in the regular season when you are batting against team's 4,5 and 6 pitchers but in the playoffs when you are facing 1, 2, 3 and then 1 and 2 again it doesn't work out so great, now does it?

Kinda like loading up a roster with grinders and a fanatical coach who just work real hard and usually get a victory in the doldrums of January and February doesn't really work in the playoffs.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I'm a Yankees fan and I think they are as much of a disgrace as this team. Loading up a roster with guys who either hit a home run or strike out is great in the regular season when you are batting against team's 4,5 and 6 pitchers but in the playoffs when you are facing 1, 2, 3 and then 1 and 2 again it doesn't work out so great, now does it?

Kinda like loading up a roster with grinders and a fanatical coach who just work real hard and usually get a victory in the doldrums of January and February doesn't really work in the playoffs.
Yankees versus Canes history comparisons are of course not comparable.

Issue for Yankee fans is that despite their team having incredible financial advantages (imagine Leafs without a salary cap and limited profit sharing versus most of the League) versus the rest of the baseball, Cashman their GM has not delivered a World Series win in 14 years (and only one in 22 years). For many Yankee fans, that is incompetence personified.

Spend aside, the argument is that they could be spending more (and get cheap at trade deadlines buying/trading second rate versus top tier players….sound familiar) resonates with Yankees fans since their spend as a percent of revenues is very very very low.

In any event, Baseball is a dying sport and doesn’t move the needle for many younger folks.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I don’t follow baseball at all. But seeing the hurricanes, as in the relocated forever .500 whalers who teetered on the edge of getting relocated again because they spent so little on their roster that no one cared to watch them for almost a decade, being compared to the New York freaking Yankees in terms of expectations is truly something

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I don’t follow baseball at all. But seeing the hurricanes, as in the relocated forever .500 whalers who teetered on the edge of getting relocated again because they spent so little on their roster that no one cared to watch them for almost a decade, being compared to the New York freaking Yankees in terms of expectations is truly something
As I noted above, there is no comparison between franchises.

However, what others brought to the table re: fans expectations does resonate especially if your focus is on the immediate present versus looking back at history (which I suspect most younger folks who are Canes fans do and ultimately they care less about the Whaler history)

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad