Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] F Sebastian Aho signs extension with the Hurricanes (8 years, $9.75M AAV)

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Are you sure about Tavares being the better goal scorer?! Tavares had 207 goals in 510 games by the time he turned 26. Aho just turned 26 and he's at 218 goals in 520 games. That's 11 more goals for Aho in 10 more games. Tavares had 3 30 goal seasons at that time, while Aho has 4 30 goal seasons. Both Aho and Tavares at 26 has the same career low 24 goals and the same career high 38 goals. Seems like they're pretty close goal scoring wise if you ask me. But Aho will probably age better as he's a far superior skater and will most likely have more goals when he turns 33, than the 427 career goals that Tavares has now that he's about to turn 33.
Yeah but how many has Ah scored against the canes... 0... He's just not good against that team

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Fly Aho just fly real high and do that Carolina-style!

You just maybe look like a pretty Finland boy - on ice that is - Pretty Boy Floyd ... but you are a young gangster of hockey.

Steal the Stanley Cup from 'em all. Just do it.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Are you sure about Tavares being the better goal scorer?! Tavares had 207 goals in 510 games by the time he turned 26. Aho just turned 26 and he's at 218 goals in 520 games. That's 11 more goals for Aho in 10 more games. Tavares had 3 30 goal seasons at that time, while Aho has 4 30 goal seasons. Both Aho and Tavares at 26 has the same career low 24 goals and the same career high 38 goals. Seems like they're pretty close goal scoring wise if you ask me. But Aho will probably age better as he's a far superior skater and will most likely have more goals when he turns 33, than the 427 career goals that Tavares has now that he's about to turn 33.
Hey you’re right. I guess I had always thought JT was scoring high 30s or even into the 40s early in his career but that didn’t really happen. Aho’s goal scoring has definitely always been a bit under the radar too

Reactions: Tryamw and jiitu

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
The last 5 seasons Aho's is 12th for points, 7th for goals and 6th for +/- (in case you care) out of all centers. Leads the league (all skaters) for both short-handed points and goals. His offense seems way underrated and this is a guy who plays all situations and is one of the better PKers in the league. Over the same time frame he leads scoring of his team by 90 points & 53 goals over Svechnikov (0.98 P/GP vs 0.76 P/GP).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad