Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] F Jack Roslovic signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $2.8M)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Good skater, deft with the puck on his stick, not good vision, decent scorer but not what you’d call a shooter in the “has a big shot and is a finisher” sense - nice wrister on the move.

Can play just about anywhere in the lineup - but only for stretches. I’d say he has to be managed but I don’t know if you can pre-engineer success, even a coach like RBA.

He can wow you in good ways and bad ways.

Good teammate but not a classic character, veteran presence kind of guy.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Depending on what the dollars are, i don't mind him as a cheap Top-9 complementary Forward. He's got that C/W versatility, but personally...i think he's probably better suited to playing Wing as a 3rd wheel to a pair of better players. Doesn't really have any standout individual skills or traits. Probably his most useful skill is that he can read reasonably well off more skilled players. Well enough to mostly stay out of the way and collect some points. There are worse things. Like being an absolute play-killer completely out of sync with everyone.

Though i'm not sure that what Carolina really needed was a complementary Filler sort of guy. Seems like they much more desperately need more offensive "play drivers". Especially if they do end up eventually moving Necas at some point. Though obviously i'd expect this to come in at a dollar value that has very little real ramifications when it comes to looking for that player as well. Just another body that isn't a real offensive catalyst up front.
Analytics tells me literally all we need are fillers and league average goaltending

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Thought he was decent in playoffs. Rags fans seem to disagree, but they also might actually like how Trouba plays hockey, so it’s hard to know what to think.
The biggest issues with him on NYR were:
1. He played with Zibanejad and Kreider.
2. He never met a player he wasn't scared of bumping into, unless it was accidental.
He has a good shot and uses his speed well. But his forecheck on that line was non-existence, and his battles with anybody matched the level PLD gave before he got ran out of CBJ. I'm sure it'll help not pairing him with a center who does the same shit.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Woof. You guys won’t like him. AAV way too high, but term is nice.

He’s just an utterly forgettable player. I would’ve been unhappy if NYR brought him back for half that.

I would’ve thought Carolina could find someone better for their money.

Reactions: Daeavorn

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Woof. You guys won’t like him. AAV way too high, but term is nice.

He’s just an utterly forgettable player. I would’ve been unhappy if NYR brought him back for half that.

I would’ve thought Carolina could find someone better for their money.

Canes just needed a right shot who could chip in some points, have some PP impact, and take faceoffs. Basically what Noesen did except he didn't take faceoffs. Not every player needs to be the moon and the stars to be useful in the NHL. Canes have Orlov, Burns, Kuznetsov, Fast, Roslovic, and Andersen all as expiring contracts next season, and Orlov was intentionally-overpaid to keep the term short. They'll have plenty of cap space to spend on an impact forward like Rantanen or Konecny next year.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Noesen's a far more competitive player.

Canes got a lot worse this offseason (so far) although they've got some cap to burn now. Will be interesting to see what they look like in the POs
Noesen is good as a net front on the PP, but he's not a very good skater, can't PK, too slow to be overly effective 5v5, and he was the most sheltered forward in Carolina last season for a reason. He works hard and gets the most out of what he's got, has decent hands in close, and is an underrated passer.

I liked him for what he did, just not for the contract he's gotten now. Good for him though.

Image 7-3-24 at 4.02 PM.jpeg

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I like how Rangers fans are making him the focal point of their failure in the playoffs when he would have been a forgotten footnote had their actual good players like Panarin and Zibanejad produced like they were supposed to
Nobody is making him a "focal point of their failure" (whcih I guess going to the ECF is now considered a failure?), but he sucked, enjoy his uninspired play for 6 out of every 7 games.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
He’s fine as cheap depth, but he doesn’t bring much to the table. He’s an NHL player, but doesn’t do anything particularly well. I was not a fan of his with NYR. Just a very blah player. It depends what you paid, and what your expecting…

I've watched most of his career from Jets to Jackets, didn't get to see him much in Rangers. I totally agree with your assessment.

but he's replacing Noesen and Jack is an improvement.

not my favourite player, but is often traded with my favourite player!

Yeah I hear ya :D

Last edited:

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I like how Rangers fans are making him the focal point of their failure in the playoffs when he would have been a forgotten footnote had their actual good players like Panarin and Zibanejad produced like they were supposed to
What are you talking about? I didn’t blame him for losing to Florida. No one is blaming him for their shortcomings. I just didn’t think he brought much/anything to the table. I’m just being objective about how I felt about his play. I said the same thing real time. It’s not like I’m criticizing him because I have it out for Carolina.

Funny how Canes fans are defending him despite rarely if ever watching him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad