Waived: [CAR] F Brendan Lemieux waived by the Hurricanes

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I genuinely didn’t know he was still in the NHL. Bottom line depth piece that doesn’t PP or PK, takes stupid penalties and suspensions, and has caused friction in locker rooms. There are far better ways to fill a roster spot - I don’t see him getting claimed.
All that and he’s not even a good fighter lol

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I suspect it's for cap savings reasons. When Lemieux re-signed, he fully understood his role as a 13th forward and I respect that. This was his quote back then:

"I'm just blessed to be in a place where I have a coach who takes good care of me. You can always tell the difference between when a guy cares and when he doesn't. And I can tell that Roddy cares about us as people and as players. I got all the time in the world for a coach like that. I'm just happy to be here, around this group. It's really good deep group that I want to help contribute later in the season and in the playoffs. So if it means sitting out games, and waiting for my chance, then so be it, I'm going to try to push the group and give everybody a laugh off the ice and enjoy my time contributing and being a depth guy."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad