Movies: Captain America: Brave New World - February 14, 2025

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Hopefully this gets the franchise gets back on track after the complete mess of dogshit writing and CGI in favor of churning out as much content as possible that drove this franchise for the first half of the 2020s

Reactions: x Tame Impala

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This actually looks pretty good to me. Might be the first marvel movie I've seen in a while. Looks to be a bit more of a serious movie. Just please don't put bad jokes in the middle of the most serious moments of the movie.

John Price

actually played baseball
Sep 19, 2008
I like the (hopefully) de-emphasis of time travel, aliens, multiverses and gargantuan cosmic antagonists.
All that jumped the shark in Loki IMO it was very confusing

Nice to see them return to a thriller. I was very neutral about this movie but seeing the trailer got me very excited. This, and Marvel's more paced out releases, mean it's cool to be a superhero fan again

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
So Sabra who literately gets her name since its a slang for a Jewish person born in Israel is not Israeli but now a former Black Widow from Russia. ....makes perfect f***ing sense to call yourself a "sabra" when you were actually born in Russia. I guess nobody at Marvel Studios bothered to look that one up I look forward to seeing Sunfire being played by Keenan Thompson.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: John Price

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Giancarlo Esposito might be the best actor at the specialized niche of playing antagonists...ever really. From Gustav Fring in Breaking Bad, to Moff Gideon in Mandalorian, to Stan Edgar in The Boys. I've never seen him not nail a role, even the pathetic character he played on Once Upon a Time, you could tell him, Robert Carlyle, and Lana Parrilla ran circles around the rest of that cast. I'd see this just for him, but it looks solid.

MCU needs to get back to good movies first philosophy. Worry about how they tie together later. Trailer for this looks solid. I'm not as high on Capt America as everyone else, I still think Civil War was a great concept for a movie that they bungled fairly badly into a very mediocre MCU movie. But this one looks good so far.
He's the voice of Lex Luthor on Harly Quinn as well.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
So Sabra who literately gets her name since its a slang for a Jewish person born in Israel is not Israeli but now a former Black Widow from Russia. ....makes perfect f***ing sense to call yourself a "sabra" when you were actually born in Russia. I guess nobody at Marvel Studios bothered to look that one up I look forward to seeing Sunfire being played by Keenan Thompson.
So apparently she is going to be Israeli but in the Black Widow program. Marvel was scared to do her true origin because they're afraid they'd lose money or someone like Mark Ruffalo would make a stink about it (I'll leave it at that).

It's silly and luckily they can update or course correct her story with the X-Men later on who she has ties with (I think it was Zero Tolerance when Sabra, Ice Man, and Marrow where basically the only active X-Men or affiliates on earth).

No further comment from me other than an eye roll and as usual, it's the X-Men that's going to have to clean up Marvel's mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad