Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread - 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
They were two of the better ones at the agility stuff, though I thought Chesley seemed notably tentative. Some flubs and hit obstacles but even Hutson’s done it a few times. Johnson and Lemay also had some nice runs.
If I recall right, Allen was one of the tops in the '23 pre draft physical testing. Didn't his stock drop because of injury concern? Can't remember

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
If I recall right, Allen was one of the tops in the '23 pre draft physical testing. Didn't his stock drop because of injury concern? Can't remember
He was a projected top pick going into his draft year then just had a bad year. IIRC he said he was trying to do too much on a bad team and his play dropped off.

I think he and Lemay are the two closest to Hutson here.

Building a fort around the net now.

IMG_4865.jpeg

Aww, but they ran out of time in the session before they could play in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BiPolar Caps

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Reviewing the U18 gold medal game, Hutson was the only player on the US with multiple points as they built a 3-2 lead. Then f**kface Trevor Connelly gets 5 minutes and an ejection for a hit to the head, Canada scores 3 to go up 5-3, then Huston scores to cut it to 5-4, . McKenna (who beat out Parascak for WHL ROY with 9 less g, 8 less p) had a hat trick. Kempf in net.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
We moved an NHL player in order to get him, that should tell him what the Capitals think of him and how much they wanted him.
My guess Hutson was pissed he had to go back to the draft day 2. 8:30am Vegas time and put on a suit again after not being drafted the night before.
I dont think hes mad at the Caps

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
Forwards are out now. Cristall and Leonard leading the way as expected. Protas really impressed me considering his size/age. Paraschek I thought struggled at times but was very intense and seemed to be taking the drill really seriously.

The shooting at the end really isn’t the point of the drill, but man it feels like Leonard and Cristall score or ring it off the iron every time.

I’m definitely reading too much into this, but man does Leonard just look like a leader.
IMG_4884.jpeg

And again, Leonard front and center. He’s first in line for every drill too.
IMG_4899.jpeg

Session’s over and it’s just a free skate now. Leonard and Chesley are doing the Ovie/Backstrom one-timer drill.

Beaupit’s in net at one end and the guys are doing sort of a rotating shooter’s gallery where you keep shooting til Beaupit ices the puck or it goes in the corner. Chesley sniped two in a row, as did Protas, who went top right corner then top left corner.

Last edited:

Marshall

A Mahoney guy
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I gained a new fave non-Lenny prospect: Muggli.

1. Name factor off the charts
B. 17yo at the time of this writing.
∞ - Poise - he, Chesley, and Hutson made few 'mistakes' in the drills, which means SFA, but when they made mistakes, they were calm. Other kids would freak and start skating harder, but maybe not smarter. That trio seemed calm. Does that lead to any conclusions? Certainly - they will all be elite players, guaranteed. All-Star at least.

Mostly just nice to be at the rink.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Sammi reporting that Leonard is still headed back to BC. Said the Caps offered him a contract after their regular season last year and he spoke about it with his family but decided he wanted one more year at BC. Doesn’t sound like he’ll be changing his mind but would be a great add to the team during the playoffs if they make it. Could look at him as a TDL acquisition. Also mentioned that Leonard talks regularly with Wilson.

Also, Baby Pro looks like he’s headed to the OHL this year.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Still no problem with Leonard going back. Look forward to watching some BC games in the fall. Hagens also joining the BC squad who atm looks like the #1 pick in 2025. And of course Stiga :(.

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Listened to a bit of the Leonard interview and he’s a good kid. Wants to go back to BC to help bring a national championship back to the school and wants to be the Captain for Team USA at the WJC. Nothing worrisome about his decision, I don’t think.
Gotta think he's got an eye on the Hobey too.

Leonard doesnt even have a roster spot right now. The Caps are a hard team to make
They'd 100% make room if he wanted to sign.

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
Listened to a bit of the Leonard interview and he’s a good kid. Wants to go back to BC to help bring a national championship back to the school and wants to be the Captain for Team USA at the WJC. Nothing worrisome about his decision, I don’t think.
Hopefully this quells the concerns of some of our more anxiety riddled posters. I can't stomach more "Oh no, Ryan doesn't like us!!" nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad