Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
So….. Milano is the new whipping boy? And we haven’t even played a game yet?

Huh. At 1.9m/season, I’m not sure how anyone can be upset about the year he had.

And since he’s done nothing negative since then, I’m a little lost w the Milano scrutiny.
I don’t consider Milano a whipping boy. But if Cristall stays, he is really the only one that could come out.

My thoughts anyway.

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
Miro is not going to make the team as the 13th or 14th forward. If the earlier lines posted were correct, I believe Vrana has made the team as the 13th forward (though I suppose they could keep Sgarbossa instead). Miro, Cristall, and Parascak would go down in that scenario.

Big if, obviously. Still two weeks until opening night.

I am pretty confident that Bear will start the year in the AHL. AA and McIlrath are fighting to be 7D. Caps should be fine cap wise with Backstrom and Oshie on LTIR.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What could Milano fetch in a trade?
Not much, besides if the Capitals decide to keep Cristall for the nine games and then decide to return him to his junior team after the nine games then you've shot yourself in the foot by trading Milano. Milano's on a cheap contract, he's a decent player when in the line up, injuries was his issue last season.

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
Milano scored at a 25 goal pace last season. For a team that is desperately looking for goals, I feel like trading him with his cheap contract would be a net negative. Either Protas or Raddysh would be the odd ones out in my mind. But I don't see either of them getting traded for whatever reason so who knows...

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I see no reason to trade Milano.

I see the decision ahead being between Vrana, Miro and Cristall. Cristall is the only one who can’t play in the AHL, so he should at least get a 9 game trial.

Reactions: Misery74

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I think the posted lineup for top 4 lines and 3 pair are the opening night roster
leaving:
Vrana-Sgarbossa-Miro +Cristall/Parascak
Alexeyev/McIlrath/Bear

fairly safe assuming Sgar/Para/McIlrath all are Hershey-bound...
leaving:
Vrana/Miro/Cristall/
Alexeyev/Bear

I hope Cristall gets a 9gm oppty (or at least a few to discover if he can hang w/real games)

at this moment I think 13F is Miro, I think his potential wins over Vrana's

for V: I think Hershey is best option to start out to let Miro/Cristall get a chance and see if things gel (and also see how V does resuming a daily hockey career again)

hopefully Alexeyev will be 7D as I think we all see Bear's issues

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The only reason I would "dump" Milano is if they keep most/all of the young players up, but the concept of an "open competition" doesn't really pan out and Milano is getting all the opportunities while Cristall and/or Miro is stuck in the press box.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I see no reason to trade Milano.

I see the decision ahead being between Vrana, Miro and Cristall. Cristall is the only one who can’t play in the AHL, so he should at least get a 9 game trial.
Agree. But in this case, either Milano or Protas ride the pine.

Which would be fine.

Reactions: um

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The only reason I would "dump" Milano is if they keep most/all of the young players up, but the concept of an "open competition" doesn't really pan out and Milano is getting all the opportunities while Cristall and/or Miro is stuck in the press box.
Injuries happen, always.

Miro and Vrana will get their opportunities.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I think the posted lineup for top 4 lines and 3 pair are the opening night roster
leaving:
Vrana-Sgarbossa-Miro +Cristall/Parascak
Alexeyev/McIlrath/Bear

fairly safe assuming Sgar/Para/McIlrath all are Hershey-bound...
leaving:
Vrana/Miro/Cristall/
Alexeyev/Bear

I hope Cristall gets a 9gm oppty (or at least a few to discover if he can hang w/real games)

at this moment I think 13F is Miro, I think his potential wins over Vrana's

for V: I think Hershey is best option to start out to let Miro/Cristall get a chance and see if things gel (and also see how V does resuming a daily hockey career again)

hopefully Alexeyev will be 7D as I think we all see Bear's issues
I agree. Vrana has to earn it. Start him in Hershey. If he gets claimed, so be it. Odds are, he’ll be on waivers again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad