Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Well it is one preseason game. But some guys have stood out which we needed. There are 7 forwards who played in game 1 that are also playing in Game 2. 6 players new to game 2 (and 6 out). Some tweeners like Miro and Cristal (and even Lappy) will have to prove they can play a string of games. Would be great to have a have man competiton on that third line.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Well it is one preseason game. But some guys have stood out which we needed. There are 7 forwards who played in game 1 that are also playing in Game 2. 6 players new to game 2 (and 6 out). Some tweeners like Miro and Cristal (and even Lappy) will have to prove they can play a string of games. Would be great to have a have man competiton on that third line.
Sorry, where are you seeing the roster info?

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
After first looks I fully expect Vrana not to make it.

Only spot we have left is "rotation". He isnt currently outplaying Milano or Protas out of the everyday lineup. Cristall is forcing their hand to give him extended look with the 9 games. Miro is looking good and ready to play bunch of hockey up this year. And then there is Frank, Sgarbossa who have to pass waivers, and are at the end of their journey with the Caps if they dont make it up. These guys just deserve it more and Vrana would need to be at his '18 level to actually outplay someone out of their top9 spot.

They do have cap space to run with 14 forwards if they still like Vrana too, but does that make any sense. Nostalgy would have been fun obviously, but unless Vrana really forces his way in Ill rather give the spot to the Hershey/prospect core that is gelling in for tomorrows.

Shepard has lost his momentum. He needed to have a monster camp and look solid as rock from the get go. He didnt look sharp against Flyers and Stevenson was better in his half. Thats fine. Shepard has nothing to prove at AHL-level anymore and I hope he gets his chance somewhere, but I like our goalies too much to feel bad for Hunter.

Defence is set in stone.

Ovie-Dubois/Strome-Mangiapane
McMichael-Strome/Dubois-Wilson
Milano-Lapierre-Cristall/Miro
Duhaime-Dowd-Protas
Raddysh
+ Frank / Sgarbossa / Trineyev

Fehervary-Carlson
Chychrun-Roy
Sandin-TvR
Alexeeyev
+ Iorio, McIlrath, HHA

Lindgren/Thompson
+ Stevenson

Quite a different view if you look 2 years back. There was a lot of rumbling and still is, but hey, they actually did rebuild on the fly. Leonard, Parascak, Hutson, Protas younger, Mateiko, Muggli, Funk, Chesley etc etc. Our pipe doesnt look like a perennial rebuilder, but it looks as there is a lot of support coming up the next few years.

Really excited for the new season! Either we are making a solid run for the playoff-spot again, or at worst case scenario we atleast have a lot of interesting pieces to A) sell and B) develope. Add in Ovechkin's record hunt. Getting the popcorns out.

Id love to see Oshie returning for playoffs.

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
After first looks I fully expect Vrana not to make it.

Only spot we have left is "rotation". He isnt currently outplaying Milano or Protas out of the everyday lineup. Cristall is forcing their hand to give him extended look with the 9 games. Miro is looking good and ready to play bunch of hockey up this year. And then there is Frank, Sgarbossa who have to pass waivers, and are at the end of their journey with the Caps if they dont make it up. These guys just deserve it more and Vrana would need to be at his '18 level to actually outplay someone out of their top9 spot.

They do have cap space to run with 14 forwards if they still like Vrana too, but does that make any sense. Nostalgy would have been fun obviously, but unless Vrana really forces his way in Ill rather give the spot to the Hershey/prospect core that is gelling in for tomorrows.

Shepard has lost his momentum. He needed to have a monster camp and look solid as rock from the get go. He didnt look sharp against Flyers and Stevenson was better in his half. Thats fine. Shepard has nothing to prove at AHL-level anymore and I hope he gets his chance somewhere, but I like our goalies too much to feel bad for Hunter.

Defence is set in stone.

Ovie-Dubois/Strome-Mangiapane
McMichael-Strome/Dubois-Wilson
Milano-Lapierre-Cristall/Miro
Duhaime-Dowd-Protas
Raddysh
+ Frank / Sgarbossa / Trineyev

Fehervary-Carlson
Chychrun-Roy
Sandin-TvR
Alexeeyev
+ Iorio, McIlrath, HHA

Lindgren/Thompson
+ Stevenson

Quite a different view if you look 2 years back. There was a lot of rumbling and still is, but hey, they actually did rebuild on the fly. Leonard, Parascak, Hutson, Protas younger, Mateiko, Muggli, Funk, Chesley etc etc. Our pipe doesnt look like a perennial rebuilder, but it looks as there is a lot of support coming up the next few years.

Really excited for the new season! Either we are making a solid run for the playoff-spot again, or at worst case scenario we atleast have a lot of interesting pieces to A) sell and B) develope. Add in Ovechkin's record hunt. Getting the popcorns out.

Id love to see Oshie returning for playoffs.
I think you’re right on the 7 d-men but I think the pairs are going to be:

Chychrun-Carlson
Sandin-Roy
Fehervary-TVR
Alexeyev

And I think Protas is going to be a lock on the 3rd line with Lapierre and Milano/Miro are going to rotate on the other wing.

Duhaime-Dowd-Raddysh should be the 4th line

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
So what are we looking at here?

CMM-PLD-TW (seems like the only lock)

C’s: HL, MS, HR
RW’s: EF, PD, TP
LW’s: AC, IM, AP, IP

Could this be it?
AP-HL-EF
AC-MS-PD
IM-HR-TP
IP
that is an awful way to write players names. Only CMM and PLD make sense here.

Reactions: HTFN

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Any chance cristall makes the team? Or even gets 8 games?
doubtful, but there is a chance since WSH needs goals and offense

basically, he has to force his way on the team by looking awesome tonight in 2nd preseason gm and continuing the awesomeness to jump over Miroshnichenko and Milano or enough to be 13th fwd; he did look good in gm 1

Assuming he'll be back in Kelowna next week after he gets some reps in preseason

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
that is an awful way to write players names. Only CMM and PLD make sense here.
Sorry, I was to lazy to write them out in full and didn’t know their numbers.

The advertised lines are

McMichael-Dubois-Wilson
A.Protas-Lapierre-Mirosnichenko
Cristall-Sgarbossa-Frank
I.Protas-Rybinski-Dube
Paracek

Reactions: um

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad