Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Caps were wearing the black jerseys when OV scored 802. Celebration right in front of me. So I love the black jerseys. So does OV!

IMG_0121.png

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This black jersey nostalgia is a slow killing poison.
Oh STOP.

Yer all a bunch of drama queens 😂😂.

It’s a good colour, the jerseys look good, and it’s far better than the current 00’s based jersey that we still have.

I will NEVER be negative towards any jersey they put out (well, the Navy’s are awfully hard to defend) and these are pretty cool.

Come on, man….

PS — I’d rather they NEVER left the old original jersey. Nothing I’ve seen since can compare.

But they did, so lefts figure out the next level, yes?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oh STOP.

It’s a good colour, the jerseys look good, and it’s far better than the current 00’s based jersey that we still have.

I will NEVER be negative towards any jersey they put out (well, the Navy’s are awfully hard to defend) and these are pretty cool.

Come on, man….

PS — I’d rather they NEVER left the old original jersey. Nothing I’ve seen since can compare.

These are the wars we fight till first pre-season game where we can then pack up the ridiculous off season hot takes such as mine till the next off season.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not that we didn't all know this, but Carbery all but confirmed that Oshie isn't playing. In an interview with the Sports Junkies (how desperate am I for hockey content?), Carbery listed Ovechkin, Wilson, and Carlson as the only members of the current team who were on the 2018 team.

Seems like he's going to training camp and then will decide from there.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Oh STOP.

Come on, man….

What’s the jersey collection looking like?

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
With training camp about to start I wanted to try to steal one of my favorite preseason games from the Athletic's EPL coverage -- bad prediction amnesty (https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/57...er-league-season-predictions-amnesty-2024-25/). Basically, what are your most instinctive, no real reasons to back them up, crazy predictions for the season. Think along the lines of Friedman recently saying he thinks Byfield will be on Team Canada at the four nations tournament.

For my Caps one, I'm going with Strome over 85 points. He's had 65 and 67 the past two years so I'm not sure how crazy this really is but while I don't think PLD and Mangiapane will themselves solve this team's scoring woes, I think finally having a solid 2c behind him will free Strome up to really explode offensively.

Leaguewide -- Anaheim finishes last by a significant margin, well behind other bottom-feeders like SJS, CBJ, CHI. I don't really love any of their highly rated prospects except Carlsson and they have one of the worst starters in the league in Gibson. I feel like they've really avoided criticism for just how bad they've been the past 5 years and with how few teams there are actually trying to be bad this season and no Bedard or Celibrini I don't see a real path to improvement.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan and um

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
"Bad" prediction is that Cristall makes the opening night roster.

It's not "bad" because I don't think he will have earned it by the end of the preseason. It is "bad" because I don't know who he displaces in the lineup.
It's not that far fetched.

Milano goes down, Vrana dissapoints. Now its Miro vs. Cristall.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It's not that far fetched.

Milano goes down, Vrana dissapoints. Now its Miro vs. Cristall.

Yeah I don't think it's outlandish, I just think the odds are against him even if he has a good camp and preseason. A few players have to disappoint and probably an injury or two.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I like Milano, but I don’t hate the idea of him being a casualty if someone pushes him out.
I can agree with that. It's also not a bad thing if he's our 13th forward.

Yeah I don't think it's outlandish, I just think the odds are against him even if he has a good camp and preseason. A few players have to disappoint and probably an injury or two.
It is low odds for sure. But the Caps occasionally give really young guys a chance to play in the regular season if they impress.

Lappiere did it, Burakovsky, probably some others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad